The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Allow me to introduce the newest products in the CBL line

Allow me to formally introduce the newest products available from CBL Premium Shave Soap; Orion, CBL Apothecary Post Shave Oil & CBL After Shave Tonic.

Orion is the newest soap base in the CBL Premium Shave Soapline, an ultra-premium non-tallow soap with exceptional lather properties and unbelievable post shave feel. I developed the first version of this “Luxury Shave Butter” for my wife with three goals in mind, easy brushless application, unearthly slickness and lotion-like post rinse feel. A year later I began using components of that same formula in Beta versions of CBL Master Barber. Last year I was challenged to make a top shelf “non-tallow” soap, Orion is ONE of two that I developed and the first CBL Premium non-Tallow Shave Soap to be made available.

What’s in the Orion base? Murumuru Butter, Jojoba Wax, Cetyl Alcohol and Sodium Lactate work together to provide the most conditioning, soothing, moisturizing and WET lather possible. A blend of Kokum Butter and Illipe Seed Butter provide a lather is thick, creamy, slick as snot and versatile.
I will be selling Orion in 4oz glass jars with metal compression lids. The Cost per Jar is $40 and will include shipping

CBL Apothecary Post Shave Oil is a light, moisturizing oil, formulated to soothe, rejuvenate and protect all skin types. Each oil in this non-greasy, fast absorbing blend has been chosen for its own unique properties, then added in specific proportions to create a final product that provides immediate post-shave relief & long lasting skin-healing benefits, leaving your skin silky soft and moisturized...but not oily.
CBL Apothecary Oil is a purpose crafted, balanced blend of oils loaded with powerful antioxidants, natural UV blockers, natural moisturizers and fatty acids that closely mimic your skins natural sebum. These oils work together to help calm & prevent irritation, reduce scaring and smooth out skin texture, protect your skin from sun damage and balance your skin’s natural oil production. CBL Apothecary Oil has been formulated to work with most skin types and has an average comedogenic rating of 1.1 - 1.2 so it has a low likelihood of clogging pores or causing irritation.
CBL Apothecary Oil is sold in 1 ounce Cobalt Blue bottles with a reducer. Cost is $30 When included in soap/oil bundle– ($32 shipped w/out bundle)

You can find a complete detailed description of the ingredients, including a short narrative of each ingredients individual benefits* here.

CBL After Shave Tonic (Also listed as Hombres After Shave Apothecary Tonic)– This is an alcohol based After Shave splash with a thicker, milk-like texture that cools and soothes as you spread it over your face and neck. With added synthetic cooling agent, this after shave tonic leaves you with a long lasting chill but no tears. Why call it a Tonic? Because it is more than just a splash, it has premium skin nourishing and moisturizing ingredients in it too …ingredients like- Hyaluronic Acid, Alantoin & the same oils found in the CBL Apothecary Blend (Apricot Kernel Oil, Rice Bran Oil, Jojoba Oil, Abyssinian Oil, Argan Oil, Meadow foam Seed Oil, Red Raspberry Seed Oil, Rosehip Oil, Neossance™ Squalane,).

Ingredients: Kosher Ethanol, Aloe Vera, Witch Hazel, Apricot Kernel Oil, Rice Bran Oil, Oleyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Jojoba Oil, Abyssinian Oil, Argan Oil, Meadow foam Seed Oil, Red Raspberry Seed Oil, Rosehip Oil, Neossance™ Squalane, Hyaluronic Acid, Alantoin, Aristoflex, PolyMulse, WS-5
CBL After Shave Tonic is sold in a 3 ounce bottle with reducer. Cost is $20 CONUS shipping included

Each of these can/will be scented or unscented, right now I have a limited release of Orion and the Apothecary oil in California Sunrise scent, with the tonic available in both California sunrise and Hombres (hombres is available in a 2.7 Oz final version master barber puck as well)

I will have the soap/oil/tonic bundles available on my website this weekend (I’ve got a number of them spoken for so it’s looking like I will have 12-13 bundles available). I’ll also get the tonic up. I managed to make 10 bottles of Dragons blood, pm me to claim yours...I’ll set it aside if you don’t want to buy it yet but want to have one. I won’t be cranking out a bunch of different scents but what I do make should be exciting.
I tried to buy some Orion, but kept having trouble with the website.

I tried to buy some Orion, but kept having trouble with the website.
Which one were you trying to buy, if I have it in stock it SHOULD be able to be added to cart and checked out. Adding a tonic to cart with the soap automatically gives you free CONUS shipping (no international shipping for tonic because it has alcohol in it)

Which one were you trying to buy, if I have it in stock it SHOULD be able to be added to cart and checked out. Adding a tonic to cart with the soap automatically gives you free CONUS shipping (no international shipping for tonic because it has alcohol in it)
Is there more than one Orion? I was trying to buy your premium Orion, but kept getting a message that my address was incomplete. At the time, you were showing three in stock.

Is there more than one Orion? I was trying to buy your premium Orion, but kept getting a message that my address was incomplete. At the time, you were showing three in stock.
Orion is a base, available in 3 scents currently.

How Good is Orion Base in all flavors, but Especially Hammam Spa......... Well this is about right.

giphy.gif

There should be three in a row on the site. Perhaps your browser is using an older cached version, which is causing issues? At the beginning there was only one, and it didn't have a scent name on the package. Fwiw, the unnamed is California Sunrise... And man, is that an great scent.

I'd try refreshing the pages. Also clear the cache for the site... See if that allows it to load properly. You should see three Premiums in a row afterwards... Unlabeled (sunrise), Hamam, and then Pinnacle - the last two are labeled on the tub.

Good luck.

There should be three in a row on the site. Perhaps your browser is using an older cached version, which is causing issues? At the beginning there was only one, and it didn't have a scent name on the package. Fwiw, the unnamed is California Sunrise... And man, is that an great scent.

I'd try refreshing the pages. Also clear the cache for the site... See if that allows it to load properly. You should see three Premiums in a row afterwards... Unlabeled (sunrise), Hamam, and then Pinnacle - the last two are labeled on the tub.

Good luck.
Thanks, I'll give it a go.

Thanks, I'll give it a go.

Good luck.
Ok, I found the three in a row page you spoke of, and was able to place an order. Thanks.

How Good is Orion Base in all flavors, but Especially Hammam Spa......... Well this is about right.

giphy.gif
I just finished watching this review,, and have watched the others that were previously shared on YouTube. Sounds and looks really good.

A couple of quick questions for @CBLindsay before I let my index finger lower on the 'proceed to checkout' button. Lol

Is there an ETA for your 'unscented' Orion soap?

Regarding....
**Inquire about custom scenting options**

Is your 'black rose oud' an available option? If so, would it affect the cost in any way?

Hamman spa sounds fairly interesting.

Thanks.

I just finished watching this review,, and have watched the others that were previously shared on YouTube. Sounds and looks really good.

A couple of quick questions for @CBLindsay before I let my index finger lower on the 'proceed to checkout' button. Lol

Is there an ETA for your 'unscented' Orion soap?

Regarding....
**Inquire about custom scenting options**

Is your 'black rose oud' an available option? If so, would it affect the cost in any way?

Hamman spa sounds fairly interesting.

Thanks.
I will need to double check to be sure but I am fairly certain I am OUT of the unscented which would allow me to scent with the Black Rose Oud as you requested. I do have the Black rose oud mixed up and ready to go because I was considering that as one of my future releases (I just do not know yet when or what base) so I have no problem making sure you can get Orion soap and if you desire it, the tonic and/or apothecary oil in the scent as well. Let me confirm whether I have any unscented base or not, I am either completely our OR I have a full batch I have left unlabeled. If I need to make more I will get working on it ASAP then its just a matter of allowing it time to "cure" to perfection.

Hammam Spa really is an enjoyable scent. It was very hard and quit expensive for me to make but the end result is worth it. Dave made the request then he and I spent a lot of time going back and forth discussing the notes. It's funny because he STARTED by describing it almost eactly like he did in the video and expected me to duplicate it based on that description ...HE is the trained perfumologist not me. I will caution that as strong as the scent strength is, it is still the type of scent that never settles on your skin...it floats above it.

If you really want the Black Rose Oud, hold off and I'll make it for you. No reason to settle.

Great new @Pottertons , I do have some unscented Orion available and it can be scented as you like (black rose Oud is an option). Because you are a TSC member The price won’t be any different, $37.50 plus shipping, if you want a matching tonic that will be $20 but will include shipping so the combo of soap with tonic shipped is $57.50.
I’ll get the unscented option added to the website soon, all you need to do is include a note that you want the black rose Oud scent

Great new @Pottertons , I do have some unscented Orion available and it can be scented as you like (black rose Oud is an option). Because you are a TSC member The price won’t be any different, $37.50 plus shipping, if you want a matching tonic that will be $20 but will include shipping so the combo of soap with tonic shipped is $57.50.
I’ll get the unscented option added to the website soon, all you need to do is include a note that you want the black rose Oud scent

Much appreciated.

Back