The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

Arko Shaving Stick
RazoRock Bruce synthetic
Blackland Vector/Schick ProLine (10)
Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash

Good morning, Cadre. Raining steadily this morning, starting late last night. Flash flood warning issued. We’ve had rain, sometimes heavy, off and on for the past couple days. The terrain, very hilly and wooded, soaks up a lot of the water, but when saturated the rain just runs down the hills, flooding the creeks and some low-lying roads beside them. That’s what we have today. No appointments for me today, though the wife is out at one now. I’m not worried, with her Jeep Wrangler Sport and its brand new super-grippy tires, she could drive it on the moon. 🙂

I was gonna shave today, but hesitated so I didn’t. It was about 2:45p that I decided not to. I’ll shave tomorrow for sure, but not till afternoon probably. Have an 8a appointment Friday to look good for. 😉

Arko Shaving Stick
RazoRock Bruce synthetics
Blackland Vector/Schick ProLine (11)
Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash

Finished shaving before 2p, well before the magic hour of 3, so you can see that I’m not being lazy. One last iron infusion tomorrow morning and then I’ll be done with them. For now at least. Maybe. I don’t know. We’ll see. 🫣

Arko Shaving Stick
RazoRock Bruce synthetics
Blackland Vector/Schick ProLine (12)
Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash

Early Saturday afternoon shave, as good as ever. A bit chilly at 45C/7C and overcast, but I’m feeling good. For the last couple of weeks I’ve been getting iron infusions to stimulate red blood cell growth, as my count had dipped to half full in February. I definitely feel better, and I think it’s because of the iron. All this time (nearly 10 months) I assumed I was simply experiencing a challenging surgical recovery, when it seems I was nearly running on fumes. Now I just feel different, better. Hard to describe, but it’s true. I’ve felt fairly crappy most of the time, but now don’t. Human biology, it’s amazing stuff.

10 months already!
11 since surgery. Hospitalized four days in February, and they gave me a unit of blood and started the iron infusions, which are simple and quick. So 10 months on a half-tank of blood. No wonder I was getting short of breath. Not saying I’m back to baseline, I’m not yet there. But this improvement I’m feeling has given me hope I WILL get there eventually. Life is good!

Back