The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

05.04.2024.jpeg
Very nice shave this morning for my Friday, and your Saturday. A definitive Flight theme today with Dogfight, the Osprey, and the Sorrentino Sky. This is a very unique scent, bright but a punch to the face as well. Perfect for a warm day as well. Three passes and DSBBS with a new personna in the Osprey, set to 6.

Since Time is a relative, and since most are locked into this construct we call Months, Dates, Years and time, I will just wish all of you a good "6th Day" LOL

Cinco De Mayo Shave

05.05.2024.JPEG

A little bit of Mexican, A little bit of California, a bit of Spain, and how about an Italian. All fit the Cinco de Mayo theme today. With temps in the 90's today and a very blustery day.... Yes like a convection oven or Air fryer..... This was a perfect combo with the "in your face" aromas of Orange, Orange Rind, a bit of sage, and some cooling. Talk about a refreshing punch in la Cara. CFG always has made a good soap, and IMHO this is as good or even better than GTB. ( Let the Hate Mail begin )

Gen Badoglio did a great job of facial mowing today with a nice DSBBS shave, as did the Semogue 620 on application duties.

To bring down the Pungent, added a bit of Quinn's Pink Grapefruit and Orange Rind, and smoothed it all out with Sanborn's Flor de Naranja of Orange Blossom Jest a great Sunday Shave....

My politically incorrect video will be out shortly..... Gotta check out the Sombrero!

Looking forward to the later Cinco de Mayo Zoom and also looking forward to see what goodies, and libation you will all be partaking in.

Have a Safe, Blessed, and wonderful Sunday

Hm.......next month there are 5 sundays. Could you (if you accept the challenge) meet whatever random theme is tossed out by me as a matchy-matchy shave theme? You'd have to dig into your many drawers and cabinets and shelves for razors, brushes, soap, aftershave and cologne that matched the random theme. But........we want to see how creative you are with the theme. If accepted, I would pick the theme on a friday to give you time to think and plan. One point for each properly clever and creative matchy-matchy item. Any additional gear (I.E. props, display pieces, even costumes or hats) can add extra points to your matchy-matchy score. I'm almost certain you can handle this challenge.....but I'm sure we'd all love to see how creative and inspired your choices would be.

So......do you accept this silly challenge?

I do indeed sir
Coool!!!

I already have a list of potential themes started. Nothing outrageous (unless you want outrageous). I'm not going to hit you with a theme of random Metal hair bands form the 1980's or anything that far out there.

And it shall be called
“The Crosby Conundrum Series”
I'm not a conundrum.......I'm an enigma wrapped in a mystery, coated in a hard candy shell.

How about we call it "The Sunday Matchy-Matchy Match-up"?

Well look at my shave series “shave across the decades “ to eliminate redundant shaves

The title will be on my channel and must show my level of professionalism

The title will be on my channel and must show my level of professionalism
................................................................................................wait.......um.................I feel like I'm being set up here.

Today’s Shave Entry…

One of the owners of the TSC…..
Allowing myself to sleep in till 7:00 am…
Finishing Barber Errand day early……

Not shaving or showering today and going FULL on Hobo…..

……..priceless

Have a nice Monday folks

@heysi
Just FYI announcing “The Crosby Conundrum Series” in my video today

Looking forward to what craziness will ensue. We will see what Friday brings

05.07.2024.JPEG
Well.... my temporary Hobo insanity is finally over after 2 days. Why it happened I can only blame on myself and the Hoboverse. So with 50 hour of craziness it was time to come back from the world of "Fallout". Although it could be stated that the "Ghoul" has Tremendous BBS skin, a bit leathery, however looking good after 200+ yrs.

Anyway, our annual approach to the surface of the sun has begun, and with that, archived are many of the "heavier fragrances" and soaps. To be replaced by the light citrusy, mentholy goodness of summer soap inventory

Today we chose Nuavia Verde and Proraso Green. Rarely do I use balms, and even more rare, is their use in the hot weather. The Nuavia Verde balm if a very quick emulsifier so it can pass muster, and maintains that fragrance that makes Verde the best in the Nuavia line IMHO.

Cutting duty for the whisker garden was the Chevalier, and as per norms it gave a very nice shave.

Finished off with Thayers Lemon, some Clubman Talc and the Proraso Green for a refreshing start to what amounts to some chores around the ranch, and the Drinks N Daves show this evening. Not a bad way to spend my Sunday, LOL

Have a Great day folks

(Video posting later)

Oh....and that would be normal calendar sundays in june......not the arizona barber sundays.
So in otherwords my Saturday #1, since my Barber Sunday is Tuesday.... You are catching on to my Universe... Good Job

Back