The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BINGO GAME #29 (St. Patrick's Day Edition)

dangerousdon

"I am Udderly Insufferable”
Veteran
Concierge Emeritus
It's crazy to think that March is upon us. Speaking of crazy...March evidently is the Month of Craziness! Bill Shakespeare (when you know William like I do, you can call him Bill) memorialized the tragic death of Julius Caesar in said named play when he wrote "Beware the Ides of March." I mean...who doesn't like a tragedy that ends with a supreme emperor being stabbed in the back by his best friend..."Et tu, Brute?"

Notable crazy or interesting holidays in March are:
  • NATIONAL PIG DAY

• NATIONAL PEANUT BUTTER LOVER'S DAY

• WHAT IF CATS AND DOGS HAD OPPOSABLE THUMBS DAY

• CINCO DE MARCHO (yes...I said this right...look it up)

• PANIC DAY

• FILL OUR STAPLERS DAY

• INTERNATIONAL BAGPIPE DAY

• NATIONAL OPEN AN UMBRELLA INDOORS DAY

• PI DAY

• INTERNATIONAL FANNY PACK DAY

• EVERYTHING YOU DO IS RIGHT DAY

• AWKWARD MOMENT DAY

• EXTRATERRESTRIAL ABDUCTIONS DAY

• NATIONAL GOOF OFF DAY

• INTERNATIONAL WAFFLE DAY

Of course...I am leaving off the most important March Holiday of all...GENEALOGY DAY!!!

And because of Genealogy day...I am proud to share with you all that according to Ancestry(dot)com...I am Irish ☘️ (only good looking women will be allowed to kiss me...just not in the presence of and don't tell my wife...that means, no @woodpusher @Majorrich and certainly no to @NurseDave to giving me a smooch! I know you all want to). As proof...here is what I am ancestrally...

1614975438128.png

OH...well...maybe I'm not Irish...but I "might" come from the land of kilts and bagpipes anyway...I mean...66% chance I come from the Islands anyway...right...so it's close enough. SOOO....let's kick off this bingo edition with a St. Patrick's Day Celebration!!! ☘️☘️☘️

St Patricks Day.gifLets get green.gifDancing Leprechaun.gifShamrok WindMills.gifSt Pat is Magical.gif

Okay, we all know the story...St. Patrick drove the snakes out of Ireland. This is really not accurate at all...but it's more fun to say that than to say it's the day St. Patty brought Christianity to Ireland. (Ridding and Island of snakes just sounds boss...my mind is conjuring images of the Swamp People wrestling Pythons in the Everglades...only not in the Everglades, but on the cliff sides of Ireland)

Okay...enough shenanigans! ☘️(See what I did there!?) I liked how how ol' Mr. @Spider did his game...so we are going to do something similar. Only instead of heart...we are going to have Bingo in the shape of a clover! ☘️☘️☘️

1. Sign-ups are open today. You may still sign up after the game starts (if you want to play catch up). The first call will be on Monday March 15th.

2. You must be a TSC member in good standing, with at least 1 meaningful post.

3. Spirited banter is highly encouraged (as well as the drinking of Guinness or Irish Whiskey or like beverage), but be a gentleman in all interactions.

4. Calls will be Standard American Bingo Hall calls, consisting of the Letters: B, I, N, G, or O and their corresponding Numbers: 1-75 (Examples: B2, I18, N42, G55, O69). Numbers found without the corresponding letter are not valid calls.

(Yeah...still copying KJ's stuff here)

Nope, this time we're doing something different... Calls will be actual words! (Some of you will remember this!) All words will be shaving or Cadre related (Cadre Related can venture into the realm of spirits if you will...and spirits can mean different things here). Nothing will identify or differentiate the word, from any other word. If you see the word from your card, in dangerousdon's post, it's a call. Capitalization of words doesn't need to match, but spelling and punctuation (if present) must be exactly as it appears on your card.

5. There will be 3 calls per day (based on Central Time Zone) unless otherwise noted (and it will likely be noted a lot!). Calls will be found in one of dangerousdon's posts/activities for the given day OR may be in a post from one day prior (WAYBACK Machine Rules) , anywhere within the TSC Forum. Remember, if you see your word in one of dangerousdon's posts it is a call! It will be up to dangerousdon to not inadvertently use a word that is not an intended call. If a call is inadvertently called, it will be considered a bonus call.

6. Calls can occur in a variety of ways:
  • Plain Text calls, typed directly or hidden within a post.
  • Photo, VIDEO, numeric, code, alternate Languages, or graphic representation of calls may be employed.
  • Calls may be encoded or hidden in puzzles, requiring the player to decode or solve to determine the actual call. (If at any point you are stumped you may contact the caller or another player by PM for help).
  • Additional tips/tricks/hints can be found in the following thread: (BINGO SECRETS REVEALED)
7. Bingo cards: Each player will receive two St. Patrick's Day Cards, which will be sent via PM on 12 - 14 March (You only need to bingo on one card to win). You may print out your cards, or keep it digital. As calls are received mark them on your cards.

8. To win, you will need to see some "Luck" ☘️on your card (See below for winning pattern). Once you believe you have a bingo you must type "TSC BINGO" in this thread. The first person to call TSC BINGO wins the game (There are no ties, and there’s no Pleading to Mr. Murphy in St. Patty's Day Bingo). Then you must submit a photo of your card in this thread, for verification by the caller, before it is official. If it is not a good Bingo, play will resume.

9. The winner of this game will receive the following:
  • The highly coveted Bingo Wizard Badge and bragging rights!
  • The honor of being the caller of the next Bingo game (to be started within 4 weeks of winning--no bogarting the badge!).
  • An additional prize may be offered at the discretion of the caller (callers are not required to offer a prize)
10. These rules must be posted by the caller before each game, edited for the specifics of their game.

11. If you have any questions, or if any rule needs clarification, let the caller know. The caller has the final say in any questions, disputes, or clarifications regarding calls/rules.

12. Have Fun! Or, Go Crazy! But..... Why Not Both??

Bingo Shape Clover.jpg

So...Prizes? We don't need no stinking prizes! Okay...maybe we need some prizes.

How about...

1614977696927.png1614977788368.png

Winner will get a Sharped Dressed Man soap and aftershave set. This scent is an homage Green Irish Tweed. Umm...see the connection?

Anyway...so let's have some fun!

**************************************************************************************************************************************
Copy/Paste:

Bingo Game #29 Sign ups

CALLER: dangerousdon

Last edited:
Erin go bragh!

**************************************************************************************************************************************
Copy/Paste:

Bingo Game #29 Sign ups

1. OpusX

Erin go bragh!

Copy/Paste:

Bingo Game #29 Sign ups

1. OpusX
BOOM! First Victim! Err...I mean...participant!

I got yer clover right here! I mean...sounds fun! I mean....why not?

Copy/Paste:

Bingo Game #29 Sign ups

1. OpusX
2. NurseDave

Yea, that’s a questionable looking clover 😂

Looks like fun Don!

Copy/Paste:

Bingo Game #29 Sign ups

1. OpusX
2. NurseDave
3. GearNoir

1614982597812.jpeg
I’m not Irish, but I enjoy a dram or two of this stuff;)

Copy/Paste:

Bingo Game #29 Sign ups

1. OpusX
2. NurseDave
3. GearNoir
4. EMG06

Wow, Don wins bingo and all of the sudden he’s posting like crazy! I guess he’s getting ready to bombard us with posts for his “word call” bingo.

Seriously, have you guys seen the novels he writes? You guys are going to think I went easy on you after reading through his posts for calls!

Copy/Paste:
Bingo Game #29 Sign ups

1. OpusX
2. NurseDave
3. GearNoir
4. EMG06
5. Spider

My drink of the evening!
08AD6787-8327-4E2E-B577-1405B70C5508.jpeg

Wow, Don wins bingo and all of the sudden he’s posting like crazy! I guess he’s getting ready to bombard us with posts for his “word call” bingo.

Seriously, have you guys seen the novels he writes? You guys are going to think I went easy on you after reading through his posts for calls!

Copy/Paste:
Bingo Game #29 Sign ups

1. OpusX
2. NurseDave
3. GearNoir
4. EMG06
5. Spider

My drink of the evening!
View attachment 48708
Definitely a great Irish Whiskey... especially for the price!

Copy/Paste:
Bingo Game #29 Sign ups

1. OpusX
2. NurseDave
3. GearNoir
4. EMG06
5. Spider
6. Uacowboy

View attachment 48703
I’m not Irish, but I enjoy a dram or two of this stuff;)

Copy/Paste:

Bingo Game #29 Sign ups

1. OpusX
2. NurseDave
3. GearNoir
4. EMG06
I'll see your Green Spot and raise you a 🟡 SpotPXL_20201219_164316182.PORTRAIT.jpg

crop-vesci-coat-of-arms-2 crop.jpg

Copy/Paste:
Bingo Game #29 Sign ups

1. OpusX
2. NurseDave
3. GearNoir
4. EMG06
5. Spider
6. Uacowboy
7. Jaro1069

Last edited:
I have a feeling this one is gonna be very much crazy harder than the last game considering more calls have to be matched and using the time machine so having to go through 2 DAYS of post each day !!!!! But Good Luck Everyone !!!!!!

go n-éirí an t-ádh linn go léir

Last edited:
This should be a fun game. I’m not Irish, but I’m in!

Copy/Paste:
Bingo Game #29 Sign ups

1. OpusX
2. NurseDave
3. GearNoir
4. EMG06
5. Spider
6. Uacowboy
7. Jaro1069
8. SteveChuckFrank

I know there are more of you all out there that want to get in on this. I promise it won't be too hard!

Back