The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bingo Game #44 : Battleship x Bingo

This is Eric we’re talking about. It’s been proven that he can make our bingo lives difficult…so I think a little pandering is in order.
While I will bask in the sentiment of this post for awhile, in this game, I honestly see myself more as the referee making sure that the game is being played fair.

Nothing tricky from my end (minus a whole new set of gameplay rules that some people have clearly been skimming rather than reading based on a few comments above).

Last edited:
I was actually nervously awaiting the Constable’s reply to my “but is it bingo?” New mash up game. Seeing you sign up with minimal comment was a major relief 😅!
I'm all for the callers making the game their own. The spirit of bingo is still alive and well in this game... i think.

I think I must be having a " Case of the Dumbs" because I am gonna have to go back and read how this is gonna be played at least another dozen times to understand what we are doing here.....
One thing I wanted to mention to you @EMG06 is something that @Spider and I discussed during the last game..
What we spoke of concerned and "image / uploaded calls in a form that would require it to have a file name,
He said that file names for pics or whatever has a file name has always been considered a Valid call..
So I mentioned that maybe we needed to put it somewhere in the "Rules" that file names can be considered valid calls...
IE. If you put up a meme and the memes file name is something like 22wrB2ahreg.jpg or gif or whatever that the B2 would be considered a valid call...
I just wanted to mention that so if you wanted to then you could be the one that adds that to the current rules list for any future caller to be able to copy and paste from your rules or whatever....
"It would just make it clearer for ANY future "New" players that we might get because I had Always gotten mixed responses from past callers about that.... There were at least a couple of games in the past that I was told that my bingo was not a valid Bingo because a call didnt count because it was a file name....

If I can Figure out how to play and Not C ompletely make an Idiot of myself ( or at least more of one than already ) ....

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Copy/Paste:
Bingo Game #44 Sign ups

CALLER: EMG06

1. GearNoir
2. Heysi
3. Spider
4. NurseDave
5. Jaro1069

I'm all for the callers making the game their own. The spirit of bingo is still alive and well in this game... i think.
I think the spirit is alive and well. Basic gameplay is that calls are made daily and the objective is to get (or avoid getting) a specific pattern on a standard American bingo card.
I just took a regular game a jazzed it up a bit.

So I mentioned that maybe we needed to put it somewhere in the "Rules" that file names can be considered valid calls...
That's not necessary, as the rules already cover it. But it also doesn't apply to this game. The players are making the calls.

I think I must be having a " Case of the Dumbs" because I am gonna have to go back and read how this is gonna be played at least another dozen times to understand what we are doing here.....
One thing I wanted to mention to you @EMG06 is something that @Spider and I discussed during the last game..
What we spoke of concerned and "image / uploaded calls in a form that would require it to have a file name,
He said that file names for pics or whatever has a file name has always been considered a Valid call..
IE. If you put up a meme and the memes file name is something like 22wrB2ahreg.jpg or gif or whatever that the B2 would be considered a valid call...
I just wanted to mention that so if you wanted to then you could be the one that adds that to the current rules list for any future caller to be able to copy and paste from your rules or whatever....
"It would just make it clearer for ANY future "New" players that we might get because I had Always gotten mixed responses from past callers about that.... There were at least a couple of games in the past that I was told that my bingo was not a valid Bingo because a call didnt count because it was a file name....
The last game I called, I specifically said that file upload were excluded and put that in the rules.

And yes, as KJ said, in this game it’s the players making the calls and I’ve specified that they must be posted clearly in this thread for them to count as a valid call.

And yes, as KJ said, in this game it’s the players making the calls and I’ve specified that they must be posted clearly in this thread for them to count as a valid call.
Dang it, back to reading the rules again

Clarification question: I’m assuming calling a spot one of your own ships is on still counts as a “hit” against you?

Dang it, back to reading the rules again
I still dont get it either , But I have Not read the whole set of rules yet. I wanted to get signed up before the sheet got too full with players... I will have to read it through and then reread it a few dozen times then i'm sure I can sort of figure it out , Maybe... If not then I will just let the caller know I cant figure it out and I will stop playing ......
How many times before he gets it?
Probably less than me....

What he's really hoping is a game where nobody gets angry towards the current Bingo Wizard....
I think you @Spider and maybe @NurseDave towards the end were the only ones who ever got angry towards me And that was only because I deliberately did some calls in a way to try to get any type of banter going during my game...
Isn't that what we all want as the Bingo Wizard?
I was living the dream then....
That's unpossible
Nah it's very possible... I mean look at my game. not many angry words were ever said ( or any other words really for that matter ) .....
I just have to figure out this abcd order our caller is talking about for our calls for each day....

Well, I’ve been reading bits and pieces assuming most of it wasn’t changed
I actually would read the intro part where I explain the gameplay. The normal bits marked by numbers is sorta similar to prior games (kinda sorta)

Back