The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bingo Game #57 : Battleship x Bingo 2

So @EMG06 if I understand the ping rules as you've just described them.......pinging someone effectively shows me exactly where all of their ships are on their card? Why wouldn't we all ping on the first day and just make the game a 9 day ship sinking fest?
Great question.

You can only ping one card at a time, so with 6 players you could spend the first 5 days doing pings then trying to work out the best shots to fire after that. The ping information is only shared with the person who gets a ping. And pings don’t travel everywhere so imagine if you ping this card:

IMG_6870.png
If you choose O66, the map you get back is:
IMG_0142.jpeg
So it’s not as straightforward as it might seem based on the example provided.

Plus, now that you all know this information you can be crafty in your ship placement with this in mind (or not)

Bingo Game 57

Caller: EMG06

Oopsie

———————————-
1. CVargo
2. Spider
3. Jaro1069
4. NurseDave
5. Heysi
6. BarberDave
7. Avocado Queen

Sorry folks. Snow and ice storm here in New York has made me put the bingo game on the back burner these last two days. I’ll send out cards now. If everyone is able to return their cards to me before this evening, we can do our first round of actions today.

Many apologies for the delay on my part.

As in the past game, a random number generator (1-30) has been used to assign each of you a card. This is so you can’t assume that the cards correspond to the order in which you signed up. As always, you are free to share which card is yours in the thread, but for an entertaining sidebar, please see Spider’s logical deductions about the cards and their owners in the previous Battleship Bingo thread (posts 423 - 427).

Last edited:
Would a minesweeper miss actually give up all that?
Still looking for clarification. What are the rules of a ping? Seems to me like a ping should radiate outward from the point of origin, and be an out and back ping. But in your example it turns a corner and gives up what's behind a ship. Is this correct?

1705498776671.png

Good question my original idea was that the margins of the card would be like “walls” that would reflect the sound, allowing it to turn open corners (even though I realize that’s not what would happen in reality)

If the group wants this to be more physical, then we could use KJ’s model without complaint from me.

I vote for whatever makes KJ complain less. 😁

Instead of a minesweeper, can we have a Los Angeles class nuclear submarine with complete warhead availability with safeties off?

Ok. 3 rulings

1. It’s after 10pm here on the East Coast so we are going to do first calls tomorrow, since I’m still missing cards from @BarberDave and @AvocadoQueen (again, please direct all disappointments towards me on this, since I didn’t send out cards until this morning).

2. We will use the based in reality (whatever that means around here) version of the ping that will travel out in all directions but not round corners to address the concerns of KJ and Stephen.

3. I think I meant to write a joke in here way back when I started writing this post 3 minutes ago, but it’s late and I’m tired so if the joke comes back to me, I’ll use my Wizard powers to edit it in later.

So you can all start planning your first calls, here are all the cards that were sent out:

IMG_3894.jpeg
IMG_3891.jpeg
IMG_3896.jpeg
IMG_3892.jpegIMG_3890.jpeg
IMG_3895.jpegIMG_3893.jpeg

Back