The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bingo No. 13

I only had 3 good calls for the length of the game. That's 3-24. I wouldn't have had a bingo until I19!!!

Congrats to Dave but I may sit the next one out.....too much blood on the screen from this last game.
Don't give up as the next game will be the easiest since I last called and could be your winning game. Hope you get in on it.

I only had 3 good calls for the length of the game. That's 3-24. I wouldn't have had a bingo until I19!!!

Congrats to Dave but I may sit the next one out.....too much blood on the screen from this last game.
I only had 3 calls as well. Maybe we had the same card!

It sounds like we could consider doing something to make the bingos less frustrating and time consuming.

I like a good puzzle or search, but a the last couple of bingos turned a mean edge on that somehow. At least that's how I experienced it, and if Dave hadn't been the winner, I was seriously considering stepping back from this. I think it does say in the rules that it's supposed to be fun, right?

It sounds like we could consider doing something to make the bingos less frustrating and time consuming.

I like a good puzzle or search, but a the last couple of bingos turned a mean edge on that somehow. At least that's how I experienced it, and if Dave hadn't been the winner, I was seriously considering stepping back from this. I think it does say in the rules that it's supposed to be fun, right?
Sorry. Thing is some of us, used to play in the old place, and things were diferent there. Our last game there, was blackout game, without time travel limit, and over the top of that, caller erased his edited stamp. When I won that I could do everything :)
Games here are not that hard, and we all understand that not many people share that pasion for challenge, or have time for this, so it's totally OK to ask for hint, help, or straight answer. I did couple harder ones not to frustrate anyone, but to put smille on a face of few people that like more challenging ones. So, sorry again we all should had this conversation earlier.

I think it was mostly the shotgun of the giffy links more than anything that deflated some of the fun.

I actually had no trouble with the calls of this game. What really torqued me was when I spent hours looking for 2 calls only to see the calls were broken and not there. I just don't have unlimited time for a game to search for something, especially to find out it didn't exist. TIME is the issue not a challenge for me. But we all survived and can play or not as our own circumstances dictate.

I do find humorous ones that have told me at times they didn't appreciate a difficult called game and that they should be easier to be more fun (Not this one) and then when they win they feel the need to turn it up even further in difficulty. I think it has gotten to be a competition to be the one to make it harder than others to thump a chest or gain a reputation. Anyway, that's what it seems to me......

They did work fine when previewed. As a next caller, be careful, and check after posting (y) Xenforo is not friendly with Bingo...
Will do and I hope you didn't think I was blaming you buddy. Just pointing out how a lot of time can be wasted by someone and then they aren't inclined to search hard or even play sometimes. (y)

I think some members here still have spider/joker and monkey nightmares from the other place.

I for one loved the old school feel of @Gagi game.

...And I won multiple times on the other place!!! I racked up 9 wins with some tricky callers. I'm not averse to some tricky calls (like seeing the Monkeys face a few dozen times) but, like Dave said, I think its now become a competition to see who can destroy the group with impossible calls. Maybe its just me.

I'd say the combo of difficult calls with tons junk calls did me in. But I'm the new guy here, so if the water's too deep I can get out of the pool.

Will do and I hope you didn't think I was blaming you buddy. Just pointing out how a lot of time can be wasted by someone and then they aren't inclined to search hard or even play sometimes. (y)
No, just saying this thing annoyed me too, to the point I'm still checking posts I write, in case something gets wrong🤪

...And I won multiple times on the other place!!! I racked up 9 wins with some tricky callers. I'm not averse to some tricky calls (like seeing the Monkeys face a few dozen times) but, like Dave said, I think its now become a competition to see who can destroy the group with impossible calls. Maybe its just me.
The tools we had at our disposal over there were far greater than here, so I don’t see how anything here could be any worse than some of the games we had here.

But I do recall when bingo started here, the games were supposed to be easy and relatively straight forward. Not sure if this spiral was intended/planned, or if we drifted from the intent here.

Bingo is fluid. It is up to the next caller to read the room so to speak and understand the type of game that must be called.

Knowing @Dave in KY I think he's going to call the perfect game that we need. Should be a fun one.

Dave now has to figure out how to make all of us win on the same call....5 days in.

No pressure, buddy.

Back