The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #130 (934 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine American Blend AS, and YSL Rive Gauche to finish!

Tough OT workout last night. It ended up being the mile benchmark run, among other things. I did a lot better than I thought I would! A drastically better PR than my last one.

Great shave this morning. Feels like I got good sleep overall, but still fairly bleary eyed the first pass. Can’t go wrong with the Rive Gauche scent profile though! Yum!

Busy day ahead of mixed duties and running around on visits.

Excited to be going to the Wrexham game this summer. We were pretty bummed when making a game last year while we were in Wales didn’t pan out.

Happy Thursday all!

Can’t go wrong with the Rive Gauche scent profile though! Yum!
giphy.gif

Shave #131 (935 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and Comme Des Garçon Avignon to finish!

Ahhhhhhhh, Friday! So ready for it.

Great shave this morning. Looks like this blade may yet again make a 3 week run. Soap is definitely thinking in the middle and showing the green of the containing tub even though I haven’t quite completely broken through to the bottom. A cool, overcast morning, so Avignon felt appropriate, but the sun should make an appearance later.

Grabbing a coffee, then straight to the EOL facility for the first half of the day. Self eval finished and submitted. Now we have to have an observed visit and peer review in before next week. Yay. 🙄

Happy Friday all! Don’t forget Sunday is Mother’s Day!

Shave #132 (936 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and Montale Fantastic Oud to finish!

Mostly typical Saturday in progress, sans workout, as my allotment of classes is used up until renewal this coming week.

Great shave this afternoon between chores. Pretty much firing on all cylinders in the results and feels department. Decide that Fantadtic Oud would do the trick today, even though it’s going to be 70s. Just a spritz and a half should get me through the whole day.

More laundry to do. Then some chill time. May do Mother’s Day dinner tonight since the eldest works tomorrow night.

Happy Saturday all!

Shave #133 (937 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and Replica By The Fireplace to finish!

Have a blessed Sunday all!

(Don’t forget it Mother’s Day dudes!)

Shave #134 (938 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and Chanel Bleu De Chanel EDP to finish!

Ah Monday…one of my mortal enemies. Hope you behave yourself today. At least yesterday was a good day. The missus felt appreciated for sure. Not the best nights sleep sadly, but no do overs unfortunately.

Great shave this morning! Only one tiny error under the chin, but nothing lasting. Finished up with the sweet, dark, rich citrus of BDC EDP!

Should be a busy day ahead. A number of patient admit over the weekend I have to catch up on. Plus peer observation and reviews.

Happy Monday all!

Shave #135 (939 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Simpson The Duke synth brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and Rochas Moustache EDP to finish!

Better nights rest, thankfully!

Great shave this morning. Everything was pretty much same ol same ol, except the brush and frag. Decided to finish with Moustache EDP today, as the weather is remaining cooler and cloudy/overcast so far this week.

Starting today off with an IDT meeting and time at the EOL facility. I believe I’ve wrapped up everything needed for the annual self review and observed visit. Now to wait for results.

Happy Tuesday all!

Back