The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

NEW soaps/scents for fall/winter 2022

CBLindsay

I Blame Dave
Owner
Legacy
A couple new scents available NOW. Available in shaving soap (original premium base), tonic and apothecary oil.
kresnik.jpg
Kresnik (Vampire Hunter)- A scent inspired by vampires and those who hunt them. Real Vervaine essential oil, essence of Nightshade and Blood Orange dominate with rose, smoldering incense, spices, white woods and dark oud's adding depth and mystery. Kresnik is a very fresh and enjoyable scent dominated by Vervaine's lemon-like notes with a somewhat more nuanced dry down. **If you have ever used Penhaligon's Eau d' Vervaine you know what you are in for, a really enjoyable scent.

smoked_bay_rhum.jpg
Cedar Smoked Bay Rhum- Charred Cedar layered with a blend of real "Bay Rum" essential oils and real Bergamot make this scent AMAZINGLY intoxicating. A classic warm, fresh and spicy bay rum with hints of crisp smoky mountain air. ...AhhMazing. Guy's (and ladies), this one is really nice. The combination of real Pimenta Racemosa oil (the stuff used to make bay rum) and the charred cedar and bergamot is so interesting.

Other stuff
I also have a batch of "harvest moon" scented bar soap waiting to be packaged for sale. It is my usual bar soap formula but made using a "cold process" that makes for a smoother texture. The bars are pretty basic and kind of random weights but the performance is fantastic. The scent is somewhat predictable, very cinnamon forward with all the traditional "harvest" themed spices (nutmeg, cardamom, black pepper AND plenty of vanilla) but it also has mahogany type woods and raw pumpkin notes. It isn't a powerful scent (to my nose) but it IS a fall style scent (NOT a pumpkin spiced scent!).

I also made some custom scented bar soap for someone, if they end up not wanting all of it I will post its availability here.

Well...I need some bath soaps and some apothecary oil for my beard (since I am at the moment not shaving).

Question though...what's up with the Deer on Kresnick. I mean the only vampires I know that eat deer are the glittery kind from Twilight. And those vampire suck (Ha!)

Well...I need some bath soaps and some apothecary oil for my beard (since I am at the moment not shaving).

Question though...what's up with the Deer on Kresnick. I mean the only vampires I know that eat deer are the glittery kind from Twilight. And those vampire suck (Ha!)
Kresnik is a Slavic Mythical shaman like figure whose spirit would exit his body and take the form of animals in order to fight evil (and vampires) to restore order. Because the fragrance is more of a fresh scent than a dark or ominous scent I figured I would lean into the "animal spirit" part of the Kresnik figure.

EDIT: Kresnik was the first "vampire hunter"

And about the apothecary oil for beards...it's AWSOME for hair and beard. I use the oil in my hair daily and every time I visit the barber I am asked what i do to my hair to make it so soft and healthy.

I have been good all year...mightget me something...and my Rudolph buddy too

Kresnik is a Slavic Mythical shaman like figure whose spirit would exit his body and take the form of animals in order to fight evil (and vampires) to restore order. Because the fragrance is more of a fresh scent than a dark or ominous scent I figured I would lean into the "animal spirit" part of the Kresnik figure.

EDIT: Kresnik was the first "vampire hunter"

And about the apothecary oil for beards...it's AWSOME for hair and beard. I use the oil in my hair daily and every time I visit the barber I am asked what i do to my hair to make it so soft and healthy.
I knew you would set me straight!

Ok Gents. I have most of my newest stuff on the website ready to go. I will be adding some BEE-Spoke scented bar soap to the website very soon (I'll try to get it done today if I can). The BEE-Spoke scent is a favorite of my youngest daughter so I made some smaller 2 and 3 ounce bars as well as some regular 4 ounce size...I will probably only list the 4 ounce bars on the website for now. Another note regarding the BEE-SPoke bars...they aren't exactly 'perfect'. The scent oil messed with the whole process and there are some odd spots here and there. The soap and scent are great but they look a little different.

So as far as bar soaps go I have added Harvest Moon (in 3+ and 4+ ounce size options) and English Bathhouse in 4+ ounce size. I still have some Thug (brut scented) and I have some odd pucks/bars of Tabac scented.

As far as my newer premium soap scents go, I have: Kresnik, Cedar Smoked Bay Rhum, Mawiage, California Sunrise. and more.

I have lowered the price of my older stock bamboo bowl soaps to $15, so if you want to score some nice soaps and a bamboo bowl at a great price now is the time to do it. All of these soaps perform great and smell awesome but for some reason they never caught on. If you want some Roasted Oatmeal Stout, I have it in the bamboo bowls!

I don't have a lot of new stuff in the tonsorial pucks but I DO have a decent amount of stock (some of it needs to be labeled so it isn't all showing on the website). If you want to buy some of my current tonsorial soaps in larger amounts for use as stocking stuffers, gift exchanges or just to have for use in your shower, PM me and we can work out a REALLY good deal.

*one last note. I have a LOT going on at home, work and life so I may be a little slower to respond at times. I might need an extra day here or there to get orders together.

How did I miss this? Obviously I need to cut back on work and other life draining nonsense so I can pay more attention to the forum and new announcements. Off to CBLsoap.com I go...

Back