The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

NurseDave said:
The body is programmed to produce less and more concentrated urine when you're sleep. So my guess is by sleeping deeper, there actually isn't as much.

That makes way more sense than what the Doctor was saying. And he likes to talk too fast for me to hear correctly. ?

2018 shave #76 (DE:9 SE:27 Str:39 Cart:2)

Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (5)
Boellis Panama
Plisson synthetic in Shave Revolution 24mm handle
Witch Hazel & alum
Nivea balm
Nameless by Mark Buxton

Well maybe I can learn this. This was the best straight shave I’ve had yet. The first pass was as automatic as using a DE or SE. I had to realize I wasn’t thinking much about it and slow down. 2nd pass was as usual. The break through came on the 3rd pass. I think I’ve been cross winging it, but as I moved to my right side I kept with my right hand and it felt more natural, I had more control and could feel the pressure better. I went back and did the left side with the left hand. Then a little clean up behind the jaw angle.

Gentlemen, this is my first straight shave BBS!

The soap performance was awesome as well. Nice and thick and slick. Scent was probably 7-8/10 of almond. I would certainly jump on buying this performer if not for the scent. I don’t hate almond, but I don’t see myself reaching for it to use.

I hope the CPAP corrects the issues and you find it easier to sleep. Also nice shave today

Cvargo said:
I hope the CPAP corrects the issues and you find it easier to sleep. Also nice shave today
Dagwoodz said:
Great job on the BBS today!
Quijote said:
Great shave Dave!
Smattayu said:
Nice job on the BBS Dave!

Thanks guys! I know I’m not at the stage of expecting BBS every day, but it’s nice not to be discouraged.

Great to get to BBS! It makes the game way more fun knowing that you are capable of achieving it.

Majorrich said:
Great to get to BBS! It makes the game way more fun knowing that you are capable of achieving it.
Yep, now I’m more likely to buy this...

Late to the party Dave.

Great couple of reads and good pictures. Bummer about the problems with the shavettes. Just stick with them and I'm sure you get them. I started with a straight and have not used a shavette, but as mentioned above, everyone says they require more "skill" than a straight. Sometimes IMHO it's better just to grab the SE or DE and finish the shave instead of continuing a bad shave.

clyde72 said:
Late to the party Dave.

Great couple of reads and good pictures. Bummer about the problems with the shavettes. Just stick with them and I'm sure you get them. I started with a straight and have not used a shavette, but as mentioned above, everyone says they require more "skill" than a straight. Sometimes IMHO it's better just to grab the SE or DE and finish the shave instead of continuing a bad shave.

I agree, there are times I’m smart enough to stop and others I’m too stubborn. Same with the clean-up passes.

Dagwoodz said:
That would be a great decision Dave! Jerry makes some great razors!
Thanks, just trying to wait until I’m sure it will be put to good use.

2018 shave #77 (DE:9 SE:27 Str:40 Cart:2)

Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (6)
PdP 63
SV 2.0
Witch Hazel & alum
Nivea balm
Penhaliogon’s Malabah

I remevered the PdP today. But did not end up with a BBS, which is fine. Somewhat back to the standard shave with BBS on the cheeks and DFS, though a little better than usual, on the neck. Had two close weepers in on cheek which is out of the ordinary. I used my new same side grip for the 3rd neck pass and thought I had good control and it was going to be a closer shave than it was. Tried to pursue the BBS with clean up and finally got smart enough to stop before I was bright red. Tomorrow may need to be a more gentle shave though.

Great read and picture Dave!

Too bad about the seepage, a gentle shave or no shave sounds like a good idea to recover!

Love the set-up Dave...that is some great gear! Sometimes weepers happen...at least they closed quickly.

clyde72 said:
Great read and picture Dave!

Too bad about the seepage, a gentle shave or no shave sounds like a good idea to recover!

I’m also challenging myself to 365 shaves this year. So no rest for the wicked.

Back