The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2098 days of consecutive shaving - 932 open-blade
Rockwell 6S w/ Israeli Personna (1)
Nordic Shaving Birch
TSC Samiversary
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Stirling Christmas Eve

Well, now that Moe and Curly have stopped their back-and-forth in my thread, we can get back to business. Daughter was well enough to bike to school today but is still in a bit of recovery. While her suffering during the end of the week was not fun, I sure did enjoy working from home those days as the weather was perfect and I spent plenty of time out on the deck when she was resting. Sunday the wife and I went into the city for drinks and apps in the Mark Hopkins Hotel. Noted for several presidents staying there, King Charles, the Shah of Iran, Michael Jackson, Elvis, Nati King Cole, etc. I never plan ahead and whenever I look up if there are reservations available at the restaurant, there never are. So I jumped at the chance of them being slow on the odd weekend.

IMG_7074.jpeg

2099 days of consecutive shaving - 932 open-blade
Rockwell 6S w/ Israeli Personna (2)
PdP 63
Paladin Honey Oscar Noir
Thayers Lemon
Mark Buxton Nameless

Welp, here we are. I got a call that caused me to get up and moving a bit earlier than intended to take care of a hospital issue. I even forgot to take a picture of the shave. This is a shame because I think my visual pairing of the Palading and the PdP 63 was spot on. I'm sure you can imagine it though. But in good news, Drinks & Daves are back for a live show tonight. I love those guys!

2102 days of consecutive shaving - 934 open-blade
Kamisori shavette w/ Feather Proguard (4)
Assoluto 72 Primavere
Graydog Education History
Thayers Lemon
Assoluto 72 Primavere AS
Creed Viking

I didn't check in with Gear, but I'm pretty sure it's still Friday. I'm under 24hrs of call left, so that's a bonus. My boss is gone next week and I have to present for her a few times. I don't mind presenting, it's just all the prep work that goes along with it. I rarely do any work-related stuff on the weekend, but I'll be practicing at least one of the presentations a few times just so I don't look like a bafoon. Other than that, it should be sunny deck weather.
IMG_7132.jpeg

Sat:

2103 days of consecutive shaving - 934 open-blade
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (6)
CBL Cigar Shop Indian
Sorrentino Oregon State
Thayers Lemon

IMG_7156.jpeg

Video posted

2104 days of consecutive shaving - 935 open-blade
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (5)
WSP Matterhorn
Chisel and Hound
Thayers Lemon
Prorasso Mint and Rosemary talc
Tom Ford Vert D'Encens

IMG_7168.jpeg

2107 days of consecutive shaving - 937 open-blade
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (1)
A&E St Barts
Blue Honeycomb
Thayers Lemon
Tommy Bahama St Barts

I keep getting behind in these things. The year seems to be flying by. My daughter's high school graduation is getting close. Just ordered announcements and pushing her to get everyone done so she can actually get her diploma.

Probably more importantly, Monday was a free Chef salad and today was a Cobb with an extra to hold over for tomorrow.

IMG_7199.jpeg

2107 days of consecutive shaving - 937 open-blade
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (1)
A&E St Barts
Blue Honeycomb
Thayers Lemon
Tommy Bahama St Barts

I keep getting behind in these things. The year seems to be flying by. My daughter's high school graduation is getting close. Just ordered announcements and pushing her to get everyone done so she can actually get her diploma.

Probably more importantly, Monday was a free Chef salad and today was a Cobb with an extra to hold over for tomorrow.

View attachment 130695
What are the scent notes for the Tommy Bahama St. Barts?

What are the scent notes for the Tommy Bahama St. Barts?
Off the top of my head:

With a bracing and refreshing blend of island-inspired scents, our Set Sail St. Barts cologne spray treats you to the essence of the Caribbean. Made with an exhilarating blend of sea vine, guava nectar and blue agave tequila, it lets you experience that on-the-beach sensation any time of year.
  • For the man on the move, always seeking the next destination.
  • TOP: Sparkling lime, fresh trade wind effect.
  • MID: Guava nectar, blue agave tequila accord, sea vine.
  • DRY: Vanilla absolute, palm wood, volcano musk.

Off the top of my head:

With a bracing and refreshing blend of island-inspired scents, our Set Sail St. Barts cologne spray treats you to the essence of the Caribbean. Made with an exhilarating blend of sea vine, guava nectar and blue agave tequila, it lets you experience that on-the-beach sensation any time of year.
  • For the man on the move, always seeking the next destination.
  • TOP: Sparkling lime, fresh trade wind effect.
  • MID: Guava nectar, blue agave tequila accord, sea vine.
  • DRY: Vanilla absolute, palm wood, volcano musk.
…and a google cut & paste lol

I'm unfamiliar with Volcano Musk......would you describe that note as charred villager or sacrificial virgin?

Back