The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Quijote's search for BBS

Well, we were supposed to get up there today, but the snow hit harder than expected. Got around 6" around here. More up towards the campground. A couple of the roads are closed. We will still go up tomorrow and get one night in, but just won't be the same.

On a positive note, my son's cleats finally came in. We ordered them a couple of weeks ago, but didn't look at the fine print well enough. Apparently, they aren't sold in the US and has to come from Europe. But, he was told that he was going to be on the gold team, so he was determined to get yellow shoes and socks.
IMG_20220312_123836.jpg
On a side note, my 9 y/o son is wearing a 8.5 in men's. That just blows my mind.

I hope you get to have one night of camping - that’s a lot of snow for March!

Those are cool looking cleats - I can’t believe your son fits in them wow!

I hope you get to have one night of camping - that’s a lot of snow for March!

Those are cool looking cleats - I can’t believe your son fits in them wow!
It is a lot for any time of year in around here. We will make it though, the sun is out and it is melting quick.

I can't either. He is huge for his age. We moved him up to the age group above where he is supposed to be and is still one of the biggest people on his team. I don't know where he gets it from. I was never a big guy.

It is a lot for any time of year in around here. We will make it though, the sun is out and it is melting quick.

I can't either. He is huge for his age. We moved him up to the age group above where he is supposed to be and is still one of the biggest people on his team. I don't know where he gets it from. I was never a big guy.
My Pop Pop used to joke that I ate all of Popeye’s spinach - maybe your son did he same 😂

We made it back. Nobody lost any fingers or toes from frostbite. It was still plenty cold, got down into the 20s overnight. My son was so cold at night that he had to share a sleeping bag with me. And I'm not sure if any of you have had to share a mummy style sleeping bag before, but they aren't exactly the roomiest thing out there. The next day, after we packed everything up, we went on a hike up to Castle Rock. It was short, only a 4mi out and back hike, but it was a 1400ft elevation gain. Beautiful views, although my son and I even climbed on top of the rock formation to get an even better view.
Castle RockIMG_20220314_123326.jpg
View from top (a little blocked by trees)
IMG_20220314_125033.jpg

Yesterday was St. Patrick's Day. I went with my green handled Omega boar brush to lather some Cella and did the first pass with my Kai Captain clone with green scales(really need a shorter name for this one). I actually listened to myself and only did the first pass with it this time. Went well, still need to get more used to the angle though. Needs a steeper angle than my traditional straights do. Finished up with my GEM push button. Splashed on some Fine Italian Citrus to finish.

On a positive note, was told that progress has been made on my straights that I sent off. The Waterville Cutlery has been repinned and the CMON's new scale material has come in. Only a matter of time now.

Nothing big happening for me this weekend, but Tammy and Arabella are volunteering at the Pistol Creek Ultra Marathon. That will take up most of their time, so it will be a lot of time with just Elijah and I. At some point this weekend, I will have to do some more electrical work on the house. I really don't know how their work passed inspection.

Enjoy your time with Elijah! And success to all the ultra marathon runners! Tammy and Arabella are good people to volunteer - races and other competitions can’t work without the thankless help from volunteers!

And, if I may say so myself…..

Splashed on some Fine Italian Citrus to finish
Nothing ends a shave better than a splash of Citrus at the end!

Had a nice shave last night. Used the captain clone for the first pass again. I am getting used to it. Just want to get a couple more times in before I try any additional passes with it. Finished up with the GEM push button again.

Was a good weekend. Got everything done that I needed to. I feel like we never stopped moving. And Elijah helped out with everything that he could. I didn't let him play along with the electrical work though, he was relegated to the gopher role for that job. He even asked to help out at the race, so we went down there for a couple of hours to help with the aid station.

It's been a while. I thought I should jump back on here to prevent myself from moving on to the obscurity that is the second page.

Shaving has been going well, but let's face it, you don't come here for my shaving. My shaves are boring, same soaps, same old razors, blah, blah, blah.

Life has been busy lately with a lot more busyness coming up. I have not gotten a new job yet, but I still have the previous job and have been hired by a friend of a friend to remodel a home they rent. So, any free time will be none existent for at least a month.

I did take the kids to STEM Fest at the local college last weekend though. They had a blast. However, I did blow my diet. We have a friend who is a math professor there. We heard someone say that he had some 4 out of the last 6 pie eating contests there. So I figured, might as well try to beat him and both my son and I signed up. We don't find out until time to start the contest that it is a full sized pie and it is no hands. Well, I tried hard, but alas, he still beat me when I had 2 bites left. The top 3 we're him, me, then my son. My prize was another apple pie. I was not excited about that.

I'm other news, my son's soccer season has officially started and they are putting him at goalie for the second half each game. We moved him up a league because he is so big. He is 9, yet one of the biggest on his 10-12 y/o team. The problem with that though is there area few kids in the league who look like they should be on a high school team size wise and kick hard enough to be. No one on his team has as strong of a leg as a lot of those other teams. Because of this, he gets a lot of shots taken at him that are a lot harder than he is used to. He gets frustrated at himself because of he can't stop them like he used to. I'm taking time when I can and kicking at him so that maybe he will get more ready.

The STEM fest sounded awesome - and you should give yourself a break on the diet - you have to live a little!

Back