The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Satisfaction Promise

CBLSoap.com

a.k.a. CBLindsay
Artisan Retailer
Legacy
Concierge
CBL Premium Shave Soap intends to stand behind its products with a satisfaction promise. If you purchase a CBL soap (or two) and aren’t happy with your purchase I will do what it takes to make you right.

The Shaving Cadre has a gentlemen’s code, to do what’s right and treat our fellow members with respect. I intend to honor that code in all that I do.

CBL

If your wife steals your tub of Ghost Lime. It does count for being dissatisfied that I didn’t buy more right. Just kidding Chris I don’t see how someone could be disappointed with the soap from a performance stand point unless they buy a scent they don’t like after they get it. It’s really really good stuff buddy

If your wife steals your tub of Ghost Lime. It does count for being dissatisfied that I didn’t buy more right. Just kidding Chris I don’t see how someone could be disappointed with the soap from a performance stand point unless they buy a scent they don’t like after they get it. It’s really really good stuff buddy
Stuff happens, at some point someone will have a good reason (even if it’s only in their mind) to be unhappy. When that happens, It’s important to do what’s right. So far so good.

Just posting here as I didn't know where to pose the question Chris. I used the Ghost Pineapple once and it has sat for a few months now. Working my way thru your soaps on the shelf and grabbed the Ghost Pineapple and while the soap was very soft as some are it had a liquid rolling around the edges too. Decided to leave open and sit while I use a different soap today and check in with you. I guess it will evaporate but wonder what it is that separated and is now not going t be in the mix. The cooling agent Any idea ? Pic below after try to push soap to edges and finding it almost soapy, then decided t get a pic of the liquid

I saw your journal post, sorry you had such a surprise this morning. I suspect what you are seeing is a combination of two/three things. One, the super fat content is very high so it wouldn’t take much to result is fats settling out. Two, the Glycerin content is fairly high so it will draw and hold moisture which leads to 3, the soap is very soluable in water. I suspect the “soap” has dissolved into the water (whether in the tub or use) which had the effect of increasing the fat and Glycerin to soap ratio ...
What you see is probably a mix of dissolved soap, Glycerin and fat. No reason to believe it wouldn’t work well once stirred.

I have a package going out to you today with a fresh tub of ghost pineapple and a smaller container of a soap yet to be made available. I’d like your opinion on the other soap if you don’t mind.

I saw your journal post, sorry you had such a surprise this morning. I suspect what you are seeing is a combination of two/three things. One, the super fat content is very high so it wouldn’t take much to result is fats settling out. Two, the Glycerin content is fairly high so it will draw and hold moisture which leads to 3, the soap is very soluable in water. I suspect the “soap” has dissolved into the water (whether in the tub or use) which had the effect of increasing the fat and Glycerin to soap ratio ...
What you see is probably a mix of dissolved soap, Glycerin and fat. No reason to believe it wouldn’t work well once stirred.

I have a package going out to you today with a fresh tub of ghost pineapple and a smaller container of a soap yet to be made available. I’d like your opinion on the other soap if you don’t mind.
Was just wanting your input Chris. No need to send another. Just wanted to know it was fine to proceed and you confirmed that. It'll be on deck for tomorrow for sure. @CBLindsay

Last edited:
I have only used your soaps a couple times due to getting them just before the CFG 3017 began but i was very pleased with them and will be using them more very soon. Also crossing my fingers that Ghost DB comes back so i can pick some up ;)

I very much enjoy your soaps Chris and am looking forward to receiving the 2 I just ordered, Ghost Pineapple and Ghost Dragon's Blood. Thanks for a great product.

Back