The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD April 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSC_0812 (2).jpg
RAZOR: Edwin Jagger Resin & Wood
BLADE: Gillette Nacet
BRUSH: AP Shave Co. Golden Emerald Green 26mm G5C Synthetic
LATHER: ‌Ethos Grooming Essentials Greenfresh Premium Shave Soap
POST: Ethos Grooming Essentials Greenfresh Skin Food Splash​

Sunday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Charcoal Goods Gen3 L3
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (D7)
Brush: Omega R&B LE Boar
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2.0
Pre-Shave Balm: 3P
Shave Soap: Tim's Ruby Red
Butter: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: The Holy Black Ruby Red Creeper

27 April, 2024

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant day.

A late but excellent shave today. Returned to Taylor of Old Bond Street and their excellent "Coconut" shaving cream. Nice, light tropical coconut scent scent and extremely slick lather built with the Wild West Brushworks "REM Cycle" Sweet Spot badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Timeless Razor TRBR38, and I finished Clubman "Tequila Tease" after shave splash and Tommy Bahama "St. Barts" EdT.

Hope you've had a great day. :)

TOBS "Coconut" Shave Soap / WWBW "REM Cycle" Sweet Spot Badger Brush / Timeless Razor TRBR38
Wizamet / Alum / Clubman "Tequila Tease" After Shave Splash / Tommy Bahama "St. Barts" EdT

IMG_4639.jpg

28 April 2024
IMG_4913.jpeg

Razor: Atelier Durdan La Faulx
Blade: Feather Artist Club Proguard, 30th use
Brush: Wald Delphi Pigeon A1 Fan
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper “Obsidian” Bowl
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Cane Soap
Soap: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Tricolore Doppelgänger Croap
Aftershave: Floïd The Genuine Aftershave
Balm: Ethos Unscented Skin Food Lotion

Mishmash Sunday Morning Shave

28 April, 2024

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Wonderful shave this morning. New soap / splash day with the arrival of Phoenix Shaving's new "The Watcher" yesterday. An homage to Yardley's "Black Label" line. Now I've never tried the original so I can't speak to its accuracy, but this has a nice, Old School vibe to it which is right in my wheelhouse. Nice, powdery, spicy, woody scent with extremely slick lather built with the Wild West Brushworks "Bisbee" Sweet Spot badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the 50's Schick injector, and I finished the matching splash mixed with my personal blend of witch hazel tonic, hyaluronic acid serum & a few drops of ETHOS Reméde serum.

Hope you've had a great day. :)

PAA "The Watcher" Shave Soap / WWBW "Bisbee" Sweet Spot Badger Brush
50's Schick Injector / Alum / PAA "The Watcher" After Shave Splash

IMG_4645.jpg

SOTD - 4/28/2024

Phoenix Shaving Dapper Doc’s
Rich Man shaving brush with an F2 Innovator Knot

Thiers Issard 889 Le Chasseur French Straight Razor | Carbon Steel | 6/8 Size | Extra Full Hollow Ground | Round Point | Bocote Wood Handle | Made in France

From the Phoenix website:

Doc Holiday was many things but one thing he was not was...a slob.

Holiday had rather refined tastes for a gunslinger of his time and known to be a rather snappy dresser, sharp in wit and style. Lilac & Fig, a classy scent reminiscent of Victorian times and something our outlaw hero Doc Holiday might have bought off the back of a stage coach that just arrived from back East. I envision Doc slapping on something similar before a long night of cards or an early playhouse performance at the Birdcage Theater in Tombstone , Az. You may smell like Lilac & Fig but you ain't no daisy!
IMG_9603.jpeg

Sunday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Charcoal Goods Gen3 L3
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (D7)
Brush: Omega R&B LE Boar
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2.0
Pre-Shave Balm: 3P
Shave Soap: Tim's Ruby Red
Butter: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: The Holy Black Ruby Red Creeper
I'm so jealous of that Ruby Red Creeper. I have the Lavender and Coconut, but Grapefruit is one of my all time favorite scents. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back