The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD April 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 April, 2024

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Great shave to this morning. New soap day with the arrival of "Empyrean Bay Rum" from Ariana & Evans. If you're not a fan of traditional bay rum scents, this may be the one for you. Bay leaf and rum take a back seat to more fruity and floral notes. In fact, I'd classify this as more of a "Polynesian" version of bay rum. Excellent lather built with the FrugalShave "Tiki Idol" High Mountain White ST badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Tatara Masamune, and I finished with Layrite No.9 Bay Rum AS and Barberry Coast "Nature Isle" EdC.

Hope you've had a great day. :)

Ariana & Evans "Empyrean Bay Rum" Shave Soap / FrugalShave "Tiki Idol" HMW Badger Brush / Tatara Masamune
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Layrite "No.9 Bay Rum" After Shave Splash / Barberry Coast "Nature Isle" EdC

IMG_4483.jpg

Thursday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Wolfman WR2/UFO Colibri
Blade: Gillette Spoiler (D4)
Brush: Semogue Pegasus Boar
Bowl: Symmetrical Sheet Metal
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2.0
Pre-Shave Balm: Vitos
Shave Soap: Neumann Old Fashioned Soda
Butter: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Chatillon Lux Colonia Balsamica

4 April, 2024

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Great shave to this morning. Returned to Taylor of Old Bond Street and their excellent "Lime Zest" shave cream. Great scent and excellent lather built with the Paladin "Juma Mamba" 2-Band Select badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Timeless TRBR38, and I finished with ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Lime EO" Personal Blend skin food splash & "Colonia" EdP.

Hope you've had a great day. :)

TOBS "Lime Zest" Shave Cream / Paladin "Juma Mamba" 2-Band Select Badger Brush / Timeless TRBR38
Gillette Platinum / Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Lime EO" Skin Food Splash& "Colonia" EdP

IMG_4495.jpg

#sotd

I am continuing to "Light it up Blue" for #AutismAwarenessMonth

Let's open the books on this shave:
Pre-shave - Hot Shower with Hoffmans Grooming Co Autism Strong Bar
Bowl/Soap/Splash - Van Yulay Honeycomb/ Dress Bleus
Brush - AKA Brushworx Never Alone
Razor OneBlade Hybrid
Cologne - Barrett Fragrances Big Blue

1000011955.jpg

From VanYulay's website: Shaving Soap Scent:
Labdanum, nutmeg, ginger, sandalwood, patchouli, mint, jasmine, grapefruit, citrus, vetiver, cedar, and pink pepper. Compared to Bleu de Channel

Big Blue is Barrett Fragrances homage to Bleu de Channel

My thoughts: fantastic scent all around. Dress Bleu grapefruit and Citrus forward with a hint of mint for a warm Texas day.
And Big Bleu is grapefruit and ginger forward. But it's a great pair.

The oneblade did a great job on the face 2 passes no clean up and it was BBSTOWN
It's a little awkward on the dome. So I switched to the Leaf Shave . I'm still getting used to it...

#sotd

I am continuing to "Light it up Blue" for #AutismAwarenessMonth

Let's open the books on this shave:
Pre-shave - Hot Shower with Hoffmans Grooming Co Autism Strong Bar
Bowl/Soap/Splash - Van Yulay Honeycomb/ Dress Bleus
Brush - AKA Brushworx Never Alone
Razor OneBlade Hybrid
Cologne - Barrett Fragrances Big Blue

View attachment 129350

From VanYulay's website: Shaving Soap Scent:
Labdanum, nutmeg, ginger, sandalwood, patchouli, mint, jasmine, grapefruit, citrus, vetiver, cedar, and pink pepper. Compared to Bleu de Channel

Big Blue is Barrett Fragrances homage to Bleu de Channel

My thoughts: fantastic scent all around. Dress Bleu grapefruit and Citrus forward with a hint of mint for a warm Texas day.
And Big Bleu is grapefruit and ginger forward. But it's a great pair.

The oneblade did a great job on the face 2 passes no clean up and it was BBSTOWN
It's a little awkward on the dome. So I switched to the Leaf Shave . I'm still getting used to it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back