The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD April 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Gillette NI Bostonian
Blade: London Bridge (D7)
Brush: Semogue 2013 SE Silvertip Badger
Bowl: Olivewood 5"
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2
Pre-Shave Balm: Myrsol Emulsion
Shave Soap: NOS Williams Mentholated
Balm: Nivea Sensitive
Aftershave: Fine American Blend

#sotd #SundayEdition

I am continuing to "Light it up Blue" for #autismawareness

Let's open the books on this shave:
Pre-shave - Hot Shower with Hoffmans Grooming Co Autism Strong
Razor(s) - Above The Tie AL M w/ Voskod blade
Alum Block - Osma
Bowl - Hendrix Classics & Co. . Gun Metal Grey
Brush - Simpsons X2L
Soap/splash - Ariana & Evans Santorini
Cologne - Barrett Fragrances Diakonos

From the Ariana and Evans website: Santorini is our latest aquatic with a hint of Ouzo. It smells amazing with a nighttime vibe. I added lemon, as we all know the Greeks love lemon.
Notes: Maglini Lemon, Osmanthus, Orchid, Cassis, Aquatic & Marine notes, Ozone, Ouzo, Musk, Amber, Myrrh

My thoughts: Santorini is a shave CREAM !! So it lathers a bit differently then a soap or even a croap. Face lathering is the preferred . Once I got the lather right, the scent took over. While never having been to Greece, it took me back to the old days of hanging out in Astoria, Queens going to really awesome Greek restaurants. The lather formed a superbly smooth cushion, making it easy for the ATT AL M to glide effortlessly across my face.
It was a 2 pass (with a little cleanup) Sunday trip on the shave train to BBSTown.

1000012226.jpg

Diakonos paired well to round put the shave.

#sotd #SundayEdition

I am continuing to "Light it up Blue" for #autismawareness

Let's open the books on this shave:
Pre-shave - Hot Shower with Hoffmans Grooming Co Autism Strong
Razor(s) - Above The Tie AL M w/ Voskod blade
Alum Block - Osma
Bowl - Hendrix Classics & Co. . Gun Metal Grey
Brush - Simpsons X2L
Soap/splash - Ariana & Evans Santorini
Cologne - Barrett Fragrances Diakonos

From the Ariana and Evans website: Santorini is our latest aquatic with a hint of Ouzo. It smells amazing with a nighttime vibe. I added lemon, as we all know the Greeks love lemon.
Notes: Maglini Lemon, Osmanthus, Orchid, Cassis, Aquatic & Marine notes, Ozone, Ouzo, Musk, Amber, Myrrh

My thoughts: Santorini is a shave CREAM !! So it lathers a bit differently then a soap or even a croap. Face lathering is the preferred . Once I got the lather right, the scent took over. While never having been to Greece, it took me back to the old days of hanging out in Astoria, Queens going to really awesome Greek restaurants. The lather formed a superbly smooth cushion, making it easy for the ATT AL M to glide effortlessly across my face.
It was a 2 pass (with a little cleanup) Sunday trip on the shave train to BBSTown.

View attachment 129819

Diakonos paired well to round put the shave.

Menthol Monday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Shield Matte Titanium Avenger
Blade: Schick Proline (D1)
Brush: H.I.S. 1918 25mm
Bowl: The Distinctive Goat Style 10 5½”
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2
Pre-Shave Balm: Proraso Sensitive
Shave Soap: Beaver WoodWright Shiver Me Timber's
Butter: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Nancy Boy Cooling

Double Post today.. Busy weekend

13 April, 2024

Castle Forbes "Lime Essential Oil" Shave Cream / Paladin "Juma Mamba" Select Badger Brush / RazoRock Mamba 70
Wizamet / Alum / Avon "Island Lime" After Shave Lotion / Acqua di Parma "Colonia" EdC

IMG_4542.jpg

14 April, 2024

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Bay Rum" Shave Soap / WWBW "Bisbee" Badger Brush / Timeless TRBR38
Wizamet / Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Bay Rum" Skin Food Splash / Acqua di Parma "Colonia Essenza" EdC

IMG_4547.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back