The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD April 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saturday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: King Cobra
Blade: Schick Proline (D6)
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Silvertip
Bowl: Castle Shave 4 1/4"
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Iced Enigma Machine Cube 2.0
Pre-Shave Oil: Taconic Bay Rum
Shave Soap: PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum
Balm: Viking Soaps Bay Rum
Aftershave: PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum

SOTD - 4/20/2024

Barrister and Mann Passiflora
OUMO shaving brush Ding Hand Tied M2 Manchuria Knot
C.V. Heljestrand MK30 Vintage Straight Razor (won this razor on Barber Dave’s Shaves & Such YouTube Channel)

From the Barrister and Man Website:

Introducing Passiflora, an elegant, sophisticated, spicy fougère that plays on the green soapiness of galbanum oil. This unusual inclusion is buttressed with cinnamon, bergamot, rose, geranium, lavender, and tonka bean, and overlaid with the rich, tangy, slightly acidic edge of a truly fine passion fruit accord.IMG_9589.jpeg

Merkur HD 34C Razor
KAI SS Blade (2)
Omega Bononcini Boar Brush 25/58

Proraso Eucalyptus Shave Cream & After Shave
b2fd026de3a65420ba554bc636b28506.jpg

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk
Love Proraso green shave cream and balm eucalyptus and mint scent, but aftershave is very weak especially in its mint scent. Very cooling menthol effect. I heard 1 youtuber say it's all good except the aftershave. Because he said it smelled like urinal cakes, I almost commented back. When did you started smelling urinal cakes eeeww!🤣🤣🤣

Fendrihan DE CC Head
WCS 88-BR Brass Handle
Personna Platinum Blade (1)
WCS Synth Brush 26/56

Talbot Shaving Wilde Flowers Soap

Paul Sebastian Aftershave Splash
f5d9a03230ca8a6b9d1e98e42cdc767a.jpg

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk
I have that brush, pretty good synthetic brushes. Even though I kinda like Silvertip Badger over synthetics now. Use synthetic hor travel mainly.

Could get myself to try the 1987 vintage Atra Plus cartridge razor, but nice add to my vintage collection.
Razor used is a 1908 Gillette open comb with Gillette Platinum blade 7th use
Gillette Brush plus is pretty decent, only a tiny amount of residual slickness. Forgot how scratchy that fishing line nylon bristles are. Lathers pretty decent gor it's age.
Nivea sensitive shave balm(not shown)
Gillette verlande aftershave. Never smelled this before, it's OK. But definitely not preferred.
Finished with some Yardley original talc

20240420_141108.jpg

Sunday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Occam Razor SE
Blade: Schick Proline (D7)
Brush: Rubberset 49-4 w 26mm G5C synthetic
Bowl: Georgetown 4.5" Opal-Iron
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2.0
Pre-Shave Balm: Vitos
Shave Soap: Vito’s Extra Super
Balm: Myrsol Emulsion
Aftershave: Floid SE Mentolado Vigoroso

20 April, 2024

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant day.

Best shave of the week today. Returned to Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements and their wonderful "11235" shave soap. Excellent 4711 scent and incredible lather built with the Paladin "Tigris Perla" 2-Band Select badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Rockwell 6S and I finished with Mugler 4711 after shave splash and EdC.

Hope you've had a great day. :)

PAA "11235" Shave Soap / Paladin "Tigris Perla" 2-Band Select Badger Brush / Rockwell 6S
Wizamet / Alum / Mugler "4711" After Shave Splash / Mugler "4711" EdC

IMG_4584.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back