The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Heysi Missive

Alright!!!! So there was some fun being had in Vegas today...

IMG4189955856657181887.jpg

We met up with the Vargo's (@CVargo & @mvargo ) and we went and saw us some Vegas Golden Knights hockey.

First we met up at the hotel where the TSC Con is going to be and there was a bit of gambling. Then we headed over to the Omlet House for a bite of breakfast. If you know...you know. Then we made some stops at a few liquor stores where provisions were obtained. Then it was over to T-Mobile arena where the Golden Knights took on the New Jersey Devils.

Great game. Mostly a defensive battle for the first two and a half periods. Then the offense woke up and the Golden Knights pulled out a 3-1 victory!! The Vargo's are going to need to come to every game...they're the lucky charm. And on St. Patty's day of all days.

Had a nice early dinner and then a bit more gambling....don't ask Chad if he won....then we dropped Chad and Megan off at the airport. Such a fun day and can't wait to see them again in a few weeks. Go Knights Go!!!

View attachment 128460

We met up with the Vargo's (@CVargo & @mvargo ) and we went and saw us some Vegas Golden Knights hockey.

First we met up at the hotel where the TSC Con is going to be and there was a bit of gambling. Then we headed over to the Omlet House for a bite of breakfast. If you know...you know. Then we made some stops at a few liquor stores where provisions were obtained. Then it was over to T-Mobile arena where the Golden Knights took on the New Jersey Devils.

Great game. Mostly a defensive battle for the first two and a half periods. Then the offense woke up and the Golden Knights pulled out a 3-1 victory!! The Vargo's are going to need to come to every game...they're the lucky charm. And on St. Patty's day of all days.

Had a nice early dinner and then a bit more gambling....don't ask Chad if he won....then we dropped Chad and Megan off at the airport. Such a fun day and can't wait to see them again in a few weeks. Go Knights Go!!!
Was a great time!!! Hey I put $20 in on Buffalo and walked away with$450. And won at blackjack earlier.

We had a great time with you and Michelle. Capped off with a great Knights win!

View attachment 128460

Looks like you had a fun day.. Glad you guys all had a good time....

So....hockey is nerve-wracking at the moment. The Golden Knights are barely hanging on to a wild card spot. It's not easy being the defending Stanley Cup Champs when you've had more injury days than any other team. And now our number one goalie is out injured. Oh well.

There's always Dodgers baseball.....oh wait. Looks like our $700 million dollar two-way player is involved in a gambling scandal. Maybe I can find a good badminton team to root for?

On the shaving front....
IMG_20240323_225842937_HDR.jpg

On a request from my very good friend, @BarberDave , I've broken out the really cool shave bowl he sent me sometime ago. In the course of packing and moving, I never got around to posting a picture of this beauty. Thanks , my brother. Now I can claim I did a matchy-matchy shave.

See ya later!!

So....hockey is nerve-wracking at the moment. The Golden Knights are barely hanging on to a wild card spot. It's not easy being the defending Stanley Cup Champs when you've had more injury days than any other team. And now our number one goalie is out injured. Oh well.

There's always Dodgers baseball.....oh wait. Looks like our $700 million dollar two-way player is involved in a gambling scandal. Maybe I can find a good badminton team to root for?

On the shaving front....
View attachment 128897

On a request from my very good friend, @BarberDave , I've broken out the really cool shave bowl he sent me sometime ago. In the course of packing and moving, I never got around to posting a picture of this beauty. Thanks , my brother. Now I can claim I did a matchy-matchy shave.

See ya later!!
Your tortilla chip deficit has been forgiven👍🏻🫶🏻

Much going on in the House Of Heysi.

Hockey season is winding down and the playoffs start next Monday. The Vegas Golden Knights have a spot in the playoffs but with so many players injured...I'm not sure how far we'll go. I'm holding out hope as I did last year....and that ended with us hoisting the Stanley Cup. So Go Knights Go!!

Baseball has started and I discovered that I actually bought a half season of tickets for the minor league team here in Vegas rather than the quarter I requested. Guess I now know why my ticket agent no longer works with the team. But the games have been enjoyable....if only they would win a few. Having the minor league affiliate for the A's has proven to be a bad thing. Sucky major league team equals sucky minor league team as well. At least my Dodgers are living up to their billion dollar price tag....oh...what's that now?

On the family front ..we are meer days away from the arrival of the first granddaughter. Had to go get a whooping cough booster because people thought it would be fun to bring that nearly eliminated disease back. SMH. We'll be heading out a few days after she arrives....just waiting for the official go sign.

On the shaving front:

IMG_20240419_053706222_HDR.jpg

Finished off the TOBS soap that @NurseDave aka bougie sent me. @CVargo was right...it lasted about a month. But what a month it was!! Great lather, A fine scent and it came from a classic English Barber shop (all good things).Thanks again bougie....I now have a 5th soap I like.

See ya Later!!

Last edited:
Much going on in the House Of Heysi.

On the family front ..we are meer days away from the arrival of the first granddaughter. Had to go get a whooping cough booster because people thought it would be fun to bring that nearly eliminated disease back. SMH. We'll be heading out a few days after she arrives....just waiting for the official go sign.

See ya Later!!
Best of luck with the granddaughter.... Best wishes for the whole family !!!!

Went to my first playoff game ever!!!

A friend that has Golden Knights season tickets sold his seats for game 4 of the first round....so I jumped at the chance to go see some playoff hockey. Much more intense than during the regular season.....plus they added a full sized Dragon to our arena.

1714575344162.png

It shoots flames when the Golden Knights score. We got to see the dragon come to life twice....but sadly, the Dallas Stars scored 4 times so no victory.......

Still...it was a very fun experience and I want to do that again. Maybe I can see the Dodgers play in the playoffs this year?

See ya Later.

…so I jumped at the chance to go see some playoff hockey. Much more intense than during the regular season.....plus they added a full sized Dragon to our arena.
Playoff hockey is VERY intense! I love it. Every shift counts, each possession matters. OT playoff hockey is off-the-charts intense. I was lucky enough to go to a Pens OT playoff game once. Unfortunately, it was pre-Mario Lemieux and we were playing the Islanders in about 1982, when the Islanders were basically unbeatable. Great game, we lost 2-1. Eventually lost the series by that margin, IIRC.

Back