The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Feb.17 Injector I2/Personna(11) ... EJ STF, synth ........... Nivea cream ........................ Clubman milk

A nice 1pm shave today, as I kept waiting for my wife to say it was time for yoga, but she was talking with her sisters all morning and we look to end up doing it later in the afternoon. The shave was very nice and I bowl lathered instead of my normal face lathering for a change.

All my tax slips have arrived, as has my wife's, so I finalized everything this morning and am ready to file next week when the online system opens up. Ooooh, the excitement!!!!!

Feb.18 Injector I2/Personna(12) ... EJ STF, synth ........... Nivea cream ........................ Clubman milk

Busy, busy day so far. Morning yoga was followed by a 2.5 hr meeting of our national correspondence chess association, and then a quick run out for some groceries as the stores are closed tomorrow for Family Day. A quick cheese sammich for lunch and laundry is FINALLY started at around 4pm. *whew*

Now all that's left for me to do is a) more laundry and b) more yoga before bed.

Can't really complain and, as Tim says, Life is good!

Feb.19 Injector I2/Personna(13) ... Yaqi Sagrada, synth ... Nivea cream ....................... Clubman milk

An almost noon shave after a 30 minute late morning yoga session. Eventually all this stretching will pay off .... I hope. Switched over to the Yaqi Sangria Family (sic) synth as, after all, today is Family Day in Ontario. This tuxedo knot needs to see more face time!

Feb.23 Injector I2/Personna(3) ..... Yaqi Sagrada, synth ... Nivea cream ....................... Clubman milk

A 1:30pm shave today as we were out an about this morning. Yoga is even deferred until the evening! OMG!!

The shave was nice and the Nivea cream is near the end. The key is fully wound up on the tube and I'm know squishing at the cap to get product. The brush doesn't seem to notice the difference between key-turned cream and thumb-squeezed cream, so I guess I am good for another day or so.

So ... what's gone on with me this week?

My Nivea cream finished, and it's a good one with a size well suited for a travel kit. I'm now using some old stock Lavender Musgo Real cream left over from Ed's stockpile and the performance and scent is simply wonderful. Lathering up reminds me of crushing some fresh lavender from our garden; it's that good. I've cycled through a few different brushes and hop to stay with my Rudy Vey Shavemac for a week or two.

Daily yoga continues and goes from 30-60 minutes, depending on what programs we want to do.

Beyond tax season (woohoo!) and anticipating next week's Bank of Canada interest rate announcement (whee!!), not much going on.

Mar.07 ASD2/Astra SP(2) .............. RV Shavemac ............ Musgo Real, Lavender ......... Clubman milk

Morning yoga and a late morning shave has me ready to face the excitement of afternoon bridge and evening chess! Just getting ready for a light 1pm lunch and coffee before heading out for today's adventures!

1709833346693.png

Looks like the yoga/bridge/chess wore Sam out! Hopefully, he suffered no injuries from his Thursday sporting activities.

Mar.09 ASD2/Astra SP(1) .............. RV Shavemac ............ Musgo Real, Lavender ......... Clubman milk

A later than normal yoga session (just before noon) was followed by a quick fish sammich and some sweet potato fries and, just as I was about to had in for a shave, I ended up peeling and slicing veggies and squash for one of the slurpilicious soups my wife makes.

In any event, with a 3:30pm shave in the books and soup on the stove, the back half of the day looks great!

Back