The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Apr.24 ASD2/Astra SP(2) .............. Graydog silvertip ....... Musgo Real, Lavender ......... Clubman milk

After putting the garbage out early this morning, a few coffees, catching up on the news and some chess, it was time for a shave. It did not disappoint, but then again, I find life much more enjoyable if you set a low bar.

Apr.27 ASD2/Astra SP(2) ............... EJ STF, synth ........... Musgo Real, Lavender ......... Clubman milk

A mid-afternoon shave as this morning was spent doing some portfolio planning/evaluation as we head into pensionable years. No major changes are required (hey, it means I've been doing something right for the past 40 years!) but a tweak or two for retirement tax efficiency is always welcome.

Weatherwise, it's wet and wet. Shavewise, it was wet and wet. One of those is good. The other, umm, not so much.

Apr.28 ASD2/Astra SP(3) ............... EJ STF, synth ........... Musgo Real, Lavender ......... Clubman milk

A nice and simple mid-morning shave after putting the first load of laundry in. The day looks to be a nice, warm one and we should hopefully be able to swing in a walk with out buddies.

Apr.30 ASD2/Astra SP(2) ............... EJ STF, synth ........... Musgo Real, Lavender ......... Clubman milk

April is now in the books and saw 7 Injector shaves pre-vacation, 12 cart shaves while on vacation, and 11 DE shaves post-vacation. All were quite satisfactory with nothing to complain about.

This morning's shave was with my ASD2 and went as exactly as planned. Wheeeee!!! ..... or ..... Meh!

May.05 ASD2/Astra SP(1) .............. EJ STF, synth ........... Musgo Real, Lavender ......... Clubman milk

It's Sunday, which means that it's laundry day! Woohoo! Oh, the joys of my eventful life!

A noonish shave was a good way to kick off the soggy afternoon, as the morning was spent drinking coffee, reading news and catching up on chess stuff.

I watched the first period of the Leafs-Bruins game, spent the second period chatting away with my mom on Facetime, and went to bed at the second intermission. Yup, I'm an engaged (non)fan of hockey! Woke up this morning to hear that the Leafs' season is done which means no more wahoo's honking horns on the road at night. Whew!

May.05 ASD2/Astra SP(1) .............. EJ STF, synth ........... Musgo Real, Lavender ......... Clubman milk

It's Sunday, which means that it's laundry day! Woohoo! Oh, the joys of my eventful life!

A noonish shave was a good way to kick off the soggy afternoon, as the morning was spent drinking coffee, reading news and catching up on chess stuff.

I watched the first period of the Leafs-Bruins game, spent the second period chatting away with my mom on Facetime, and went to bed at the second intermission. Yup, I'm an engaged (non)fan of hockey! Woke up this morning to hear that the Leafs' season is done which means no more wahoo's honking horns on the road at night. Whew!
Good Shave Meh

Back