The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Watch List

yeah. it's going to be interesting finding a good school for my kids in a couple years.
We went the homeschool route. The public schools don't teach much...sad.

I have worn a watch every day of my life since like 5th grade.
I have worn a watch most of my life
I have worn a watch 24/7 since childhood. I'm too hard on watches to wear a fancy smart watch. For the last few years I have worn a Vostok Amphibia with a mesh band. The thing is pretty tough.

Wakey time
Food time
Bathroom time
Sleep time

What more do you need than those built-in references?
Retired?

Yes, I was tired yesterday and I am tired again today. 😜
giphy.gif

Please don't get me started on.....watches......or razors...... or soap......or fragrances....... or anything Saponificio Vareseino.......what were we talking about? in Cursive please....

I work with the Air Force, so I work with a lot of "kids" younger than me. Age range is like 20-35, with a few outliers. It seems like nobody I know that is under 30 even owns a watch. They are always asking me what time it is. Man, I have worn a watch every day of my life since like 5th grade. I feel naked when I don't have it on, and you don't realize how many times you look at your watch, until you catch yourself looking at your blank wrist, over and over, when you don't have it on.

But a lot of time when I ask younger folks why they don't have a watch, they say they don't need one because they have their phone, and that is what they use to tell time. That never made sense to me, because taking your phone out of your pocket to check the time seemed like a lot of effort, when a quick glance at the wrist is so much more efficient. And at work, we can't have our cell phones, so most of the AF guys are without their reference, so that's why they are always asking me.
I stopped wearing a watch pretty much when I got a smart phone as well. It's out of my pocket most of the time so it's easy to look at. Or the computer time, or the time on the car, or the stove, or the microwave. I just now started wearing one again, but it's more as a fashion accessory. But since they can't have their phones you would like after a day or two they would wise up and get a watch.

Serial watch wearer here. I also feel naked if I don't have it on. I'm on my phone a lot but not all the time. And I find I need to know what time it is when I'm not on my phone so I just lift my arm and voila! I know what time it is. I don't have a lot of watches though. Right now I have one. A Tag. I had a Concord that was for more dressy occasions but our home was broken into a little over a year ago and they got my Concord. I'll replace it at some point but for now the Tag fills all my needs. The wife bought it for me a long time ago. So long ago I can't remember. Maybe when I turned 40, so 16 years ago.

I'll stick with my Tag. It the cheapest/smallest men's one and is the only watch I own, so it gets used whether I am at work, or digging in the garden.

I’d love a Tag or one of the upper end watches!

The best I have right now is a Citizen AT Eco Drive watch Blue Angels edition. Love that thing, but I only let it out on non work days. My daily is just a Timex Ironman; I made the mistake of getting one with a nylon quick release strap...never again. I have to de-skunk it every week; it absorbs sweat like a sponge!

I’d love a Tag or one of the upper end watches!

The best I have right now is a Citizen AT Eco Drive watch Blue Angels edition. Love that thing, but I only let it out on non work days. My daily is just a Timex Ironman; I made the mistake of getting one with a nylon quick release strap...never again. I have to de-skunk it every week; it absorbs sweat like a sponge!

Back