The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TV Shows

Anyone else watch Slow Horses on Apple TV? Just finished up the third season and this show is absolutely fantastic! Is there a role that Gary Oldman can't play?
Haven't seen the third yet, but the first two are excellent. Oldman seemed to figure more in the second and was magnificent.

Anyone else watch Slow Horses on Apple TV? Just finished up the third season and this show is absolutely fantastic! Is there a role that Gary Oldman can't play?
Yep, it really good, though it can get a bit too far fetched for my taste, the characters are so good, it's worth it.

Yep, it really good, though it can get a bit too far fetched for my taste, the characters are so good, it's worth it.
Almost every show or movie in this realm is going to be embellished. If you had a show exactly about the "spy world" no one would watch it it would be so boring. But the show got a lot of things right. Not specific to MI5, but in general trade craft. I love shows like these.

So...if you want to lose all faith in humanity Netflix has a three episode documentary called The Program: Cons, Cults, and Kidnapping. I haven't been this pissed off at human kind since I worked Human Trafficking cases.

"Manhunt," a factually based drama about attempts to apprehend John Wilkes Booth following his assassination of President Abraham Lincoln.

Top notch acting, cinematography, costumes, moral arches, cultural contexts, etc..

Back