The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome Saponificio Varesino Brand Ambassador

1.Majorrich
2. Fenster
3. Gear Noir
4. Milk Crate
5. EMG06
6. Opus X
7. Quijote
7. Granite.Glasser
9. Jaro1069
10. Luecke3262
11. bosch
12. dangerousdon
13.gobucks5485

Better later then never.
Thanks

For those of you on the list below please PM your mailing address for shipment. This will be in two parts
6 samples in the 1st mailing and 5 samples in the second a few weeks later as I have to get some more containers
The 1st 6 you will receive are:

Desert Vetiver
Cubebe
Felce Aromatica
70th
Cosmo
Opunitia

The 2nd Shipment will be:

Stella Alpina
Dolomiti
Mirto Di Sardegnia
Manna Di Sicilia
Tundra Artica

I will also be posting a video here on how to lather, both bowl, and yes, right off the sample container, to get the best results. It will be with an SV badger knot, however, the results will be the same with synthetic. I have never used a bore with SV, however I do not see why it would not work as well. I will post that video in the next few days Here. Also I will attempt to have the 1st set of samples out by this Tuesday if you can get your addresses to me. Again, see the list below. After this 1st go round, if there is any product left, I may open it up again. Thanks

1.Majorrich
2. Fenster
3. Gear Noir
4. Milk Crate
5. EMG06
6. Opus X
7. Quijote
7. Granite.Glasser
9. Jaro1069
10. Luecke3262
11. bosch
12. dangerousdon
13.gobucks5485

@woodpusher I thought you were in this too ? Your name isn't on the list anymore that @BarberDave. Posted And @BarberDave . It appears someone mis-numbered the list at some point as there are 2 number 7's .. I just wanted you to know .... Thanks again for doing this @BarberDave .. Have a great day everyone.

7. Opus X * I’ll just leave this here
Ok I was trying to recall when I signed up for this and now I realize it is Rich's fault :ROFLMAO: . Good thing because this is some good stuff. Thanks.

Alrighty now that I have shaved with all of the round one samples I have a few thoughts:

All of the SV soaps do have a "fresh Italian spa" signature as a component of the soap. I like this as it gives them a "brand identity" and almost makes all of the variations a play on the theme.

These are not overly difficult to lather. It did take a shave to get it down, and on several I felt that my by my third pass the lather was perfected. Good soap, takes some attention with adding water, but again nothing difficult.

Ranking (aroma):
1-Desert Vetiver
2-70th
3 (even tie on preference) Cubebe/Felce Aromatica/Cosmo/Opunitia

Thank you all (and particularly OpusX) for your feed backs and detailed analysis.
As an additional information , unlike many other artisanal soaps, Saponificio Varesino shaving soaps are triple milled, meaning they have been processed through milling three times to remove all traces of moisture. This process creates a compact shaving soap that will last and last making them great value for money.
Just FYI , SV soaps have an average content of water equal to +/- 6% compared to other top brands (MDC, FLoris) with 14% or even 24%. This makes our soaps last much longer. I thought you may be interested to know.

Guys regarding the remaining sample and @bosch your entire sample pack.. I will get these out the week after Thanksgiving, I apologize for the delay, but some unforeseen medical issues and an upcoming trip delayed everything.. Rest assured I will get them our as soon as possible

Thanks for your patience

Guys regarding the remaining sample and @bosch your entire sample pack.. I will get these out the week after Thanksgiving, I apologize for the delay, but some unforeseen medical issues and an upcoming trip delayed everything.. Rest assured I will get them our as soon as possible

Thanks for your patience
There is no need to apologize for anything. you cant help medical stuff and Life outside the forum should take precedent over in here... Enjoy your trip and I pray all the medical things get taken care of... Take your time.......

I'm just about to get to start trying the first round of samples. I have been busy also like others here have been and have not gotten to try them yet...

The 2nd set of sample will be delayed a bit, probably after Christmas, Sorry just life got in the way
That is totally understandable !! Real life Always has to take precedence over Any of this online stuff !!!! I think I can speak for everyone when I say take your time and just get to it when you can... No Rush At All !!

Back