The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s new to you?

Small pick up from local Rite-Aid this morning. I swing by the aftershave section at pretty much any store I visit, just to see if there is anything worth checking out. Lo and behold, some Cremo body wash in two of the cologne scents that Craig posted. I took a quick sniff of both, and the Blue Cedar & Cypress was the winner of the two by a narrow margin. The name pretty much says it all. It's a simple scent, but I was loving it right off the bat. Similar enough to the L'Occitane Cade shave soap that I'm hoping they come out with it in an aftershave. The only question now is to pick it up in spray cologne or solid...

Good stuff Eric. Can't wait to hear your opinion on the what the puck

NurseDave said:
nice art work on that one

Very nice artwork. I don't know if I've heard of them before, though the name rings a vague bell. Look forward to reading your review.

Smattayu said:
Very nice artwork. I don't know if I've heard of them before, though the name rings a vague bell. Look forward to reading your review.

If you've done any tube of you shaving videos, you're probably familiar with Peter Charkhalis, ("Charky Shaves" is the channel I think). He started The Shaving Shop Club and they've branched out and have a couple of different lines of soap and other things. A&E is the line that he personally developed. This is the new formula with goat milk, and its gotten very good reviews, though I don't know how much of that is from youtube friends and online acquaintences of Peter just giving him a good review to support his shop. I guess I'll find out tomorrow!

Dagwoodz said:
If you've done any tube of you shaving videos, you're probably familiar with Peter Charkhalis, ("Charky Shaves" is the channel I think). He started The Shaving Shop Club and they've branched out and have a couple of different lines of soap and other things. A&E is the line that he personally developed. This is the new formula with goat milk, and its gotten very good reviews, though I don't know how much of that is from youtube friends and online acquaintences of Peter just giving him a good review to support his shop. I guess I'll find out tomorrow!

Nice. I like Peter's videos, and I have a tub of Shaving Shop Club soap, which I love. This might be a future buy.

So as most of you know I had my Daughter's birthday party over the weekend. And while my wife and I were putting up the decorations she decided she wanted tablecloths. I had asked her weeks ago if she wanted tablecloths... the answer was no. She clearly changed her mind. So there is a Dollar Tree about 5 min from the house so I ran over there to grab some cheap tablecloths that we could just throw away after the party. Well while in there I opted to meander over to the hygiene aisle. When a bath soap caught my eye! Well two caught my eye. They had a two pack of Dr. Bonner's there and also this:

IF you are Palmolive shave stick fan, this SMELLS exactly like the the shave stick but is bath soap. 3 for a buck. I picked them up and figured for a dollar I'll give it a go. I didn't see those DE razors though that some people have found. I believe Imatabor is using one right now in a test, although don't call the wambulance on him LOL. Inside joke.

Cvargo said:
So as most of you know I had my Daughter's birthday party over the weekend. And while my wife and I were putting up the decorations she decided she wanted tablecloths. I had asked her weeks ago if she wanted tablecloths... the answer was no. She clearly changed her mind. So there is a Dollar Tree about 5 min from the house so I ran over there to grab some cheap tablecloths that we could just throw away after the party. Well while in there I opted to meander over to the hygiene aisle. When a bath soap caught my eye! Well two caught my eye. They had a two pack of Dr. Bonner's there and also this:

IF you are Palmolive shave stick fan, this SMELLS exactly like the the shave stick but is bath soap. 3 for a buck. I picked them up and figured for a dollar I'll give it a go. I didn't see those DE razors though that some people have found. I believe Imatabor is using one right now in a test, although don't call the wambulance on him LOL. Inside joke.

Sweet jeez Chad, I'm GLAD you didn't find the $1 razors!

Slowly but surely, boxes are arriving from my early month splurge of spending...today is brought to you from the Groomatorium:

Byrd Grooming Salty Coconut Surf Spray
Razorock R400 synthetic

I've read good things about sea salt spray for hair, that it gives good volume and is a good low maintenance, healthy hairspray without the hard hold of most. I've also been eyeballing a RS 400 for a while, but don't have the facilities out here to properly restore it/install a knot. I waffled between the black aluminum vs. this one, but went with the classic look. It's much more substantial than I originally thought it would be, for sure. I can always try and install a good badger knot in it later if I'm so inclined.

Don't have pictures, but a Atomic Rocket 26 mm synthetic brush arrived in Monday's mail. My first synthetic and only my second brush. The first was a B & B Essential in seafoam green.

1f37b.png

Well Don i'm looking at about a 1000 great shaves!

Back