The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What's Your New Brush?

I am glad you asked.
for the last 14 years I have used an Edwin Jagger Super Boar. I figured it might be getting a tad old. It is the box my new one came in.
I tried it a month ago, and liked the 48 better for making lather and tickling my face.
After reading all the reviews on different brushes. I decided to go with a cheap one that everyone on you tube raves about.
The Omega 48. It is the polar opposite of the Edwin Jagger. its like going from a Rolls Royce to a VW.
Being that I can buy 5 of them for the price of the super boar, I thought I'd try it.
It is way different, but for what it does, it works very well. The ball fell out of the head the first week. I had to fit it better so it stays in.
I had a VW the rear tire fell off on the way back from church. So they are on even par.
Would I recommend it for new shavers, no. The fit and finish is not to my standard.

BTW the reason the ball came off the handle was that I use centrical force to dry my brush.
I have a towel over the back of the bathroom door. I flick the brush like you would a paint brush, then I spin it in both hands.
Dries it right out.

Back