The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Who want's some Ghost Banana? Speak Up!

The soap arrived and it was used. A very soft soap, which is something to get use to as I'm use to hard puck soaps. The smell is pretty spot on banana. My daughter asked if it was made from mashed up bananas. The lather is great and the post feel is amazing. I kept rubbing my face all day. @CBLindsay this because of the hemp oil?

Last edited:
The soap arrived and it was used. A very soft soap, which is something to get use to as I'm use to hard puck soaps. The smell is pretty spot on banana. My daughter asked if it was made from mashed up bananas. The lather is great and the post feel is amazing. I kept rubbing my face all day. @CBLindsay this because of the hemp oil?
The hemp oil formulation is a factor, along with the other soft oils hemp oil really softens to product. Another factor is the banana oil (real banana oil), some fragrance and esssential oils will tighten up a soap while others just soften it more. Banana does not tighten anything.

Another factor is the wagyu beef tallow. I have found that different batches of tallow have different characteristics. The tallow is fresh rendered and presumably from different "sources" over time. I have made modifications to formula and technique that appears to allow me to continue to use hemp oil AND produce a much firmer end product. Since it appears I am now able to produce a firm hemp oil product I will begin making all my bases (except beer) using hemp oil. The non-hemp formula will become the exception.

I prefer a firmer soap to the almost cream like consistency you see with the ghost banana and intend to move away from the soft texture. I DO like how easy it is to scent the soft stuff so when I test new scents I reach for the soft stuff.

Since I age my base for a long period before I scent and pack it will be a little while longer before "firm" becomes the norm.

It’s an old thread for sure BUT I do happen to have as many as 9 pucks of a banana themed soap about to hit the site. Scratch that, I need to hold one back because someone already spoke for it so it’s going to be 8 pucks. It’s not ghost banana and it’s not the premium formula but it will be fun anyway.

It’s an old thread for sure BUT I do happen to have as many as 9 pucks of a banana themed soap about to hit the site. Scratch that, I need to hold one back because someone already spoke for it so it’s going to be 8 pucks. It’s not ghost banana and it’s not the premium formula but it will be fun anyway.

cool. i was just curious. im not currently looking for a banana scent... i'll leave that for @The Monkey ...I guess... well maybe...i dont know...

Back