The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

This glitch is annoying. Does anyone else get double posts after an error message? I’m on an iPad (10th gen).

Arko Shaving Stick
RazoRock Bruce synthetic
Blackland Vector/Schick ProLine (13)
Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash

Gratifying noontime shave. This shave was very badly needed due to the events of yesterday. I’ll explain:
My wife, eldest son, and I drove 3 hours north and slightly west to Ashtabula, in beautiful Ohio, on the shores of Lake Erie. Went to a park with a small beach to watch the eclipse. Had an excellent view with a moderate family oriented crowd. We got there early to got a parking spot, and explored for a bit. The crowd cheered and applauded when it was full and broke out into a corona with the “star” at about 11 o’clock. Very nice experience. Upon returning home, I was appalled to learn that my whiskers had doubled in size during the eclipse! Gotten thicker, too. There is no fuller moon than one that can block out the sun, if you think about it. Do I have some mutant genes sensitive to moonlight?! 🫣

This was actually my second full solar eclipse. I saw one as a six year old, but only recall “seeing an eclipse” - none of the details or what it looked like. Coincidentally, I had my first shave at six, too. 🤔

Oh, there will be pictures, but the eclipse photos aren’t crisp - you can see better pictures online. Got to get them from my wife.

IMG_4589.jpeg

Arko Shaving Stick
RazoRock Bruce synthetic
Blackland Vector/Schick ProLine (14)
Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash

This is the best photo we got. We were there to enjoy it, so pictures were secondary. Totally Cosmic, man. 🤯

Arko Shaving Stick
RazoRock Bruce synthetic
Blackland Vector/Schick ProLine (15)
Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash

Pleasing shave before I tossed this blade. Looks like it’s almost the weekend. Nothing on for the weekend for me, but Monday I start Pulmonary Rehab (capitalized because breathing is important). Twice a week X 8 weeks. I have NO idea what’s in store for me.

Arko Shaving Stick
RazoRock Bruce synthetic
Blackland Vector/Schick ProLine (1)
Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash

Excellent, refreshing shave this morning. My face and neck feel lean, clean, and super keen! The new blade was untroubled by the 2+ days’ growth. Enjoy your Sunday, Cadre!

Arko Shaving Stick
RazoRock Bruce synthetic
Blackland Vector/Schick ProLine (2)
Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash

Noonish shave today for my Pulmonary Rehab at 2. My wife and I have 65+ years nursing experience, but we’d never heard of this. From what I’ve read, its a series of breathing exercises to optimize oxygen/carbon dioxide exchange. A lot of huffing and puffing, I imagine. Have a great day, Cadre!

So Pulmonary Rehab is similar to Cardiac Rehab: lots of aerobic exercises to increase strength and endurance, pushing the envelope twice a week for eight weeks beginning Monday. While doing so, respiratory function will gradually improve. The distance between the parking garage and the pulmonary lab is significant, in fact considerably greater in distance than I’ve attempted since surgery. Ignorance is bliss however, and I was unaware of the distance when I started out. So I made it without becoming winded, which is encouraging. Life is good! 😊

But is the therapist cute? You're leaving out the most important part.

Back