The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

I imagine that how the weather feels too.

“Well, there’s Chris again. Guy is like a cockroach. Guess I won’t fry him today.”

Thursday Night

Arko Shaving Stick
RazoRock Bruce synthetic
Blackland Vector/Schick ProLine (4)
Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash

Saturday lunchtime (today)

Arko Shaving Stick
RazoRock Bruce synthetic
Blackland Vector/Schick ProLine (5)
Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash

Red Sox v. Pirates here this weekend. Physical limitations are currently keeping me away from the ballpark, so I’m watching on the TV. Here’s what I told my son who is at the game with friends: I root for the Sox, and hope for the Pirates. It’s the only thing I can do now. Getting invested in the Pirates most often means getting disappointed.

Go Giants! I hope we get a QB and WR in the draft later this week, but not necessarily in that order. A quality RT wouldn't hurt either.

Go Giants! I hope we get a QB and WR in the draft later this week, but not necessarily in that order. A quality RT wouldn't hurt either.
Wishful thinking, I’m afraid. Seems to me that your Giants are destined for obscurity again this coming season. Too many holes to fill.
But enough football. That’s not at this time of year, right? It’s time for Stanley Cup Hockey, though it’s considerably less compelling with the Penguins’ absence for a second consecutive season.

Wishful thinking, I’m afraid. Seems to me that your Giants are destined for obscurity again this coming season. Too many holes to fill.
But enough football. That’s not at this time of year, right? It’s time for Stanley Cup Hockey, though it’s considerably less compelling with the Penguins’ absence for a second consecutive season.
The Penguins are just hibernating getting ready for the 2035 Season and beyond

Arko Shaving Stick
RazoRock Bruce synthetic
Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash

This shave took place last night. I have an appointment this morning with my cardiologist for a routine follow up, stress test, and meds adjustment to get my blood pressure where it needs to be.

Dr Sam remedies
Stress: Beer or Guinness
Blood Pressure: Leeches* (limit to 73 applied at one time; be sure to have 12 lbs of salt on standby)

*Do not apply to eyes or orifices. Do not ingest. If ingested accidentally, please see your doctor (not Dr Sam)

Dr Sam remedies
Stress: Beer or Guinness
Blood Pressure: Leeches* (limit to 73 applied at one time; be sure to have 12 lbs of salt on standby)

*Do not apply to eyes or orifices. Do not ingest. If ingested accidentally, please see your doctor (not Dr Sam)
Well, I don’t drink, so alcohol is out. I knew a vascular surgeon who occasionally used leeches with mixed results, so pardon me if I approach your treatments with a bit of trepidation…

Arko Shaving Stick
RazoRock Bruce synthetic
Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash

This shave took place last night. I have an appointment this morning with my cardiologist for a routine follow up, stress test, and meds adjustment to get my blood pressure where it needs to be.
Hope the appt. goes well, Bruce.

Arko Shaving Stick
RazoRock Bruce synthetic
Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash

too bad your appointment was not on 4.20 That is a good remedy LOL

too bad your appointment was not on 4.20 That is a good remedy LOL
I’m not opposed to alternative medicine. 😇
Hope the appt. goes well, Bruce.
Normal stress test, adjusted meds. 😊

My cardiologist was recommended by a wife’s friend who works in the hospital’s invasive cardiac procedures unit. She is my favorite doc among the many I’ve frequented lately. They’re all nice, but she goes above and beyond the norm. Great listener, always has time for questions or concerns, and is a genuinely warm person. Not that others aren’t, but she has an aura of kindness that is obvious. I asked Sheri to contact her friend and thank her for the recommendation. 😊

BTW, before anyone gets the wrong impression, my cardiologist is a rather frumpy looking, middle aged woman, not some buxom 30 year old! I like her for who she is, and how she treats others. And her brain. She is one smart doc. Her memory is impressive too. She recalls minor details from her initial evaluation of me a little over a year ago.
Original post says recommended by “a wife.” Should read “my wife”. Though there has been more than one, I strictly adhere to “one spouse at a time” suggestion on the books. My final spouse count is two, though technically I married the first one twice (don’t ask, some kind of religious thing).

It seems clear now that my low blood count was the source of many of my breathing issues. My energy is up and I can do more before tiring, certainly more than a month or two ago. Overall, I feel well, much better than before correcting the blood count. I’ll probably need iron tablets forever, but so it goes. The good news continues. 😀

For today the OST* has passed, so I’ll live with the whiskers till tomorrow. Am having “upper and lower” GI scopes tomorrow afternoon. Came back from the store with these essentials:

*3-ply soft TP (2-ply is for rookies)
*clear juices
*hard candy
*freeze pops

I forgot Jello, a fact that my nurse wife immediately spotted and will correct this afternoon. As Tim likes to remind us: Life is Good. 🙄 💩

Back