The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

8DD2589A-F50D-4A8B-AC94-5DF135A24A57.jpeg
All Darwin, with a little bit of spearmint thrown in at the end.
Not only is it my Friday, but it is also TSC convention time! Looking forward to heading towards Vegas on Tuesday for a fantastic event
that we have planned for our members

Today was nice and smooth, for such an old razor. The Darwin is just super efficient.

Easter looks like it’s going to be a little bit of a weather nightmare with lots of rain snow up in the high country but that’s OK

Hope everybody has a wonderful day, and a very, very blessed Easter tomorrow

GEM New SE / GEM Blade
Sorrentino
TSC Con 2024 Clown Puke Shave Soap
Thayers Cucumber
Aqua Velva Sport Aftershave
Royall Yacht EdT

04.08.2024.JPEG
So nice to be back home. Shaving in your own den is often taken for granted, until you are home. A few new items today. The GEM New has a real unique bottom on it that cradles the fingers and makes for a much more stable shave. To many, the GEM or Ever Ready style razors, have more of a fear factor than Straights or Shavettes, as the blade exposure is that of a meat slicer, and many have had injuries that prove it. TO me the key is making sure that the Top cap stays flat and in contact with the face.

Instead of locking the wrist, you must be much more fluid in your use, allowing the wrist to flex to keep the cap flat. Also new angles need to be explored to accomplish that, especially in the lip area. Once comfortable with technique however, these razors can provide a SR level shave, as it did today. I will be doing a video on it next week

The soap was a special One off created by @Spider for the TSC Con. It came from an amalgamation of samples from soap sample boxes grated, chopped, and pressed into tubs. The unique thing about "clown puke" is the synergy that happens when mixing all these together. One would think that it would NOT work, as different fragrances, soap bases, and so forth, would be bad. On the contrary, it is probably the best overall soap you will ever shave with.

Anyway, a great DSBBS shave today, and the good news with the Clown Puke? Everything works with it from a fragrance standpoint!

Hope everyone is well and having fun with the Eclipse today

Take Care

Darwin/personna
Graydog keyhole
CBL Soaps Bespoke- Iced Oud
Alum
Thayers Lavender
Ice Blue Aqua Velva aftershave
Goodfellow No. 6. Cedar & Geranium EdC
FB783E7F-BD59-4133-B4F0-85B10D8928FF.jpeg
Nice shave with the bespoke soap made at TSC Con 2024

Have a nice day folks

Osprey
Sorrentino
Noble Otter Logbook soap/aftershave
Alum
CBL Litsea Cubeba
Logbook EdT
0A58F68A-5EFF-4FC5-8DCC-324F194E817C.jpeg
First day back in the barbershop after the Tsc con logbook was easy to grab out of the soap locker and a wonderful, wonderful unique fragrance by Noble otter

The Osprey on six with a persona blade is absolutely a wonderful efficient shaver and gave me a nice DSBBS shave

Finished off with the logbook fragrance some Tal and off to the shop to begin my shortened week

Have a good day folks

Blackland blackbird
Sorrentino Tsc anniversary
Seaforth Heather shave soap
Alum
Thayers witch hazel cucumber
Seaforth Heather aftershave
Penhaligon’s English Fern EdT/Talc
65133F04-DCCE-4E22-92CE-DA3569409199.jpeg
A very nice shave today for our last day at the shop before the weekend begins

Seaforth Heather is about the closest to English fern that I found.

The blackbird provided a wonderful, wonderful shave and of course topping everything off with English Fern, not much can get better

Looking forward to a zoom call tomorrow as well as bingo starting the following week so if if you you’ve not signed up for bingo, please do so

Have a great Saturday folks

GEM New
Paladin
Noble Otter Jack Shave soap / aftershave
Alum
CBL Litsea Cubeba WH
Pen's English Fern Talc

04.14.2024.JPEG
Very nice shave with the GEM. See Video for DEETS

Have a Blessed Sunday Folks

04.15.2024 - Under the Big Top @Spider

J. Lindy Gold Dollar 13/16
Matt DeRuiter Purple neon / Amack
TSC Con 2024 Clown Puke Shave Soap
Alum
Swiss Pitralon Aftershave
Talc
Penhaligon's Sports Car Club EdP

04.15.2024.JPEG
Under the Big Top today with Clown Puke, Neon, Swiss Juice and Sports cars. My 1st real STR8 shave in a bit, and very nice to get back to the cutthroats. The soap was specially made by @Spider for the recent TSC Con 2024 in Las Vegas, and was a huge success.

I believe you can get your own tub of this extremely limited edition soap via a pif that KJ is running Here:

As mentioned in the PIF SYNERGY is what a clown puke soap really represents. Many Makers, Many Formulas, Many Fragrances, all working in. concert to create something unlike anything you can buy, and providing one of , if not the best shaving soap you will ever shave with. Not to mention you can create it yourself

Today's Shave was wonderful and all the Clown Characters under the Big Top worked well. a 3-pass DSBBS shave. The "apple-pear" and spice vibe of the pitralon brought out some of the more subtle fragrance left over from the soap, and the SCC Edp just topped it all off.

Barber errand day today, with a Lunch date with @AvocadoQueen to our favorite Indian restaurant followed by more RV shopping, along with the errands. Should make for a fun Date Day.

Hope you are having a wonderful Monday

(Video Posting soon)

Blackland Osprey/ Personna
Sorrentino Corleone
Mitchell’s Wolf fat shave soap
Alum
Penhaligon’s Bayolea Aftershave
Cremo Blue Cedar & Cypress EdT
Talc
4225AEA1-96DC-4FC8-8E24-8FBDFFDDBBEF.jpeg
Not quite sure if it’s allergies or a small cold but yesterday was miserable cough, laryngitis all kinds of fun stuff.

Today well rested a nice Smorgasboard of products for the shave. Mitchell’s Wolf always provides a great especially matched with the Osprey.

Finished up with the Bayolea and Cremo. Top off with some and the beginning of my Monday at the shop

Have a great day folks

Blackland vector/feather pro guard
Sorrentino
Proraso
50326B6A-4081-4B3A-A318-B1E1C78AAAF5.jpeg
Very quick grab and go shave today, a dollop of Proraso cream in the brush went to three passes little bit of some Proraso aftershave and done and out the door for early appointments

Hope everybody has a great day

Back