The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bingo Game #44 : Battleship x Bingo

Man you guys were sure gunning for me. I went from having the best card to the worst card in like 2 days. I knew it would come down to that one space. It was a 50/50 shot if someone was going to try to take my card down. It was either going to sink my ship or hit my last free space. I’m honestly a bit surprised that someone (Dave) took the chance.

Thanks everyone. And thanks Eric for an awesome game. I thoroughly enjoyed the spin on Bingo and the strategy involved.

Now I’ll post my card guess, and see if I was right.

Heysi 002
NurseDave 024
Quijote 020
Barber Dave 003
Scuttlesoap 007
GearNoir 005
Fenster 008
Jaro 026
Spider 016

Ok. Since all shots are away, time to see how the rest of your shots would’ve faired had card 16 not won on the first call of the round.

1. BarberDave - G46
0 hits/2 misses ; result Spider wins

2. Fenster - N41
1 hit/ 2 misses ; nothing changes

3. Scuttlesoap - I24
1 hit/1 miss ; Card 020 eliminated from the game (@GearNoir )

4. Quijote - I19
1 hit/2 misses; Card 16 submarine is sunk

5. GearNoir - B9
1 hit/1 miss; Card 7 is now 15/16 misses

6. Heysi - O68
(Presumably Steven would’ve called I23 here had not Jaro already, and would’ve won the game)
2 hits/ 1 miss; Card 024 eliminated from the game (@Scuttlesoap )

7. Spider - N45
(Presumably KJ would’ve called G46, trying to win, winning if Steven had relied on Jimmy’s call and not called I23 himself.)
1 hit / 2 misses; Card 3 submarine is sunk (@BarberDave)

8. Jaro1069 - I23
0 hits / 5 misses; Card 7 16/16 misses (@heysi wins depending on how KJ made his call, as described above)

Man you guys were sure gunning for me. I went from having the best card to the worst card in like 2 days. I knew it would come down to that one space. It was a 50/50 shot if someone was going to try to take my card down. It was either going to sink my ship or hit my last free space. I’m honestly a bit surprised that someone (Dave) took the chance.

Thanks everyone. And thanks Eric for an awesome game. I thoroughly enjoyed the spin on Bingo and the strategy involved.

Now I’ll post my card guess, and see if I was right.

Heysi 002
NurseDave 024
Quijote 020
Barber Dave 003
Scuttlesoap 007
GearNoir 005
Fenster 008
Jaro 026
Spider 016
Card 002 = @Quijote
Card 003 = @BarberDave
Card 005 = @Jaro1069

Card 007 = @heysi
Card 008 = @Fenster
Card 016 = @Spider

Card 020 = @GearNoir
Card 024 = @Scuttlesoap
Card 026 = @NurseDave

Whoa, I was way off!! Lol. Of course, my predictions were based of people making calls that did not hit their own card at all, even misses.so if one person took a shot like that, it would have thrown off the whole thing. Ha!

Whoa, I was way off!! Lol. Of course, my predictions were based of people making calls that did not hit their own card at all, even misses.so if one person took a shot like that, it would have thrown off the whole thing. Ha!
I kept playing misses on my own card going for the peacful route which I guess was why you got my card wrong. I figured if the game lasted long enough I would fill all my own missed squares.

So......if a certain dave-type person hadn't helped out the winner in such a not-helpful-to-me way....I would have won (with Gear's help...of course). This was quite the fun game. Many different ways to strategize your board and your calls. I really had fun. Great job @EMG06 and congrats to the victor, @Spider

Interesting strategy.
Run silent....run deep. Its what I used. Wait until the perfect moment. Or as Capt Ramius once put it:

"We will pass through the American patrols, past their sonar nets, and lay off their largest city, and listen to their rock'n'roll while we conduct missile drills. Then, and when we are finished, the only sound they will hear is our laughter, while we sail to Havana, where the sun is warm, and so is the comradeship. A great day, comrades. We sail into history."

Only, in my case, it just came with a second place showing.

I have an interesting idea for a game if I ever win again.. I mean I have one I still want to do , but I have came up with a game I would like to do in this genre / style ..... I think some would get a kick out of it also like we ALL did this time...

Back