The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bingo Game #46: Christmas Trivia Bingo

Uhh so after an awkward 5 hour ”pause” on this thread, I will dare to sign up for Heysi’s latest TMI adventure.

**************************************************************************************************************************************
Copy/Paste:

Bingo Game #46 Sign ups

CALLER: Heysi
1. NurseDave
2. Scuttlesoap
3. BarberDave
4. Spider
5. Jaro1069
6. GearNoir
7. EMG06

So, how do we get new players? I’ve struggled with this. For those who have maybe only played a few games, what enticed you to join? What do you think we need to do to draw in more players?

I think bingo is just something we do to help pass the time, and do something fun on the forum. I don’t care about any physical prize. But I kinda feel like if you don’t offer a prize you won’t pick up any new players.

What are your thoughts on this?

So, how do we get new players? I’ve struggled with this. For those who have maybe only played a few games, what enticed you to join? What do you think we need to do to draw in more players?

I think bingo is just something we do to help pass the time, and do something fun on the forum. I don’t care about any physical prize. But I kinda feel like if you don’t offer a prize you won’t pick up any new players.

What are your thoughts on this?
Maybe we make a public announcement - I think a lot of folks don’t explore the whole site - just the shaving aspects

I've done it before, didn't seem to help.
So it didn't work once or twice. You still should do it. Just because someone doesn't sign up after the first, second, or third time...they might after that fourth or fifth. Bingo is played a bunch of times throughout the year. Some times are better than others.

Also...I know I will get a lot of push back on this likely...but the reason I don't play most of the time is that some of these games require you to spend A LOT of time looking for stuff. Sure some are easier than others but some are not. Who's to know which games are more laborious than others.

Also, and this isn't just a Bingo thing, but a TSC thing...our social media accounts are very under utilized in all aspects of this forum. The biggest competitor to any shaving forum is Facebook specifically and social media generally. Why we don't leverage it I will never understand. I brought this up at the other place also and was laughed at basically. Their idea was that they tried it and it didn't work. Advertising is a continuous thing. You have to keep doing it to see results.

Maybe you or another person could draft a post for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Youtube and put it out there every time a game begins.

Just my two cents...which is only worth 1.6 cents right now.

Also don't take this as a chastisement...the tone in my voice gets stern sometimes. I apologize if this is the case.

Honestly, for me, it is a time thing. If I anticipate it taking more free time than I have, I won't sign up. I enjoy the games themselves, but like the other Don said, some do take a lot of searching. I have time this month though, so I am in.

**************************************************************************************************************************************
Copy/Paste:

Bingo Game #46 Sign ups

CALLER: Heysi
1. NurseDave
2. Scuttlesoap
3. BarberDave
4. Spider
5. Jaro1069
6. GearNoir
7. EMG06
8. Quijote

Back