The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bingo Game #51 - The Musical

Good morning bingo players. Today’s easy call is B8. I thought I would focus on recent music today. Things released in the year 2018 or later (the past 5 years). I will admit, a lot of modern music is very strange to me, like the “Let’s McFrickin Lose It” song.

But, de gustibus non disputandum est, as they say.

What are your choices? Please post up your favorite “songs released in the year 2018 or later” by 1700 Eastern for your chance to win a bonus call.
Jedem das Seine. Einige der neuen Musik sind gut. Aber viel moderne Musik ist einfach scheiße !!!!

Ok. Polls are closed. Results are:

A. Falling In Reverse - I’m not a vampire (revamped) - 1
B. Luke Combs - Beer Never Broke My Heart
C. Metallica - Lux Aeterna -1
D. Megadeath - Night Stalker-1
E. Disturbed - Are You Ready-2
F. Ed Sheeran - Perfect -1

So congratulations @BarberDave you have won the people’s choice! Please post your bonus call by 0800 Eastern tomorrow.

if you think Metallica is metal you are funny. Maybe bubblegum big hair metal. Kinda like the White Claw of Metal

For my Wizards‘s pick this evening. I’m going to go with the one song that stood out as different today and that is Ed Sheeran - perfect.

@Jaro1069 you have until 0800 Eastern tomorrow to post your bonus call.

For my Wizards‘s pick this evening. I’m going to go with the one song that stood out as different today and that is Ed Sheeran - perfect.

@Jaro1069 you have until 0800 Eastern tomorrow to post your bonus call.
You know what ? I guess that means I made a " PERFECT " Pick today !!!! ( You see what I did there... ) HeHeHeHe.....

Good morning Bingo players. Welcome back to another day. Today’s easy call is G46.

G59

Last night my clinical division celebrated our two graduating fellows at a very nice dinner. Fancy restaurant with “hip” music playing in the bathrooms. This is where I was exposed to the cover of Blink-182’s “I Miss You” as performed by Boilers & Calvin. I’ll admit, it was not my favorite cover. But, it got me thinking, what are some covers that knock it out of the park? So that’s today’s theme.

Covers are of course nothing new. Musicians have for the longest time been taking each others works and have been playing (and playing with) them. Consider this piece found in the album of Baroness d’Este:

Image.png

It certainly plays with some themes and elements that Beethoven had already used some 3 decades earlier. Just an observation.

Post up your favorite cover songs (if possible please list, but don’t post, the original artist/title and then post the song of the cover; I’ll look up the original version myself to compare) by 1700 Eastern today for the chance to win a bonus call.

I am going to go with Metallica this time. I know i tried to up them yesterday.

Metallica - Stone Cold Crazy originally done by Queen
the cover starts at :50

Nine Inch Nails is one of my favorites, and Johhny killed this cover...

Back