The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

CBL 2021 -lets get this party started

CBLindsay

I Blame Dave
Owner
Legacy
2020 has been such a ...year, I thought I would get a head start on 2021. I just realized Christmas is next week, which means New Years is just a couple weeks away. I have already released the Limited Edition Fusion X Dragons Blood in my new Bamboo bowls (they are selling fast). introduced my newest FUSION base in what I think will become one of the most popular scents ever, BARBA. This one is also being sold ONLY in my new bamboo bowls and I have matching After Shave Tonic and Apothecary Oil available. As promised, I made a batch of Roasted Oatmeal Stout over the weekend. I had a ton of pre-orders for this one and the smell of it wafting out the windows had the neighbors calling to add their name to the pre-order list. I still managed to make enough to have about 20 bamboo bowls and 15-18 pucks available for the website. This one is a little fresh but it is plenty ready to go.

I have some fun and some not so fun stuff coming in the new year (which is why I started this thread), I thought I would share some of it now:

First the "not so fun" stuff. Shipping is a killer, between packing/shipping expenses, payment processing fees and the nickels & dimes spent to bring it all together, it starts to look like USPS and Paypal profit more from my hard work than I do. One of the reasons I held off adding an after shave as long as I did was the additional weight and the added shipping expense it leads to. As a consumer of wet shaving products I understand how a flat rate shipping or even FREE shipping makes it easier to buy products ...and even makes you want to spend MORE. I want very much to be able to keep offering the flat rate rate and free shipping options I do, I just need to forewarn my loyal CBL soap followers...I will be tweaking things as needed to ensure EVERYONE is getting a fair deal here. I don't want to impose a flat rate that over charges the average buyer, but I can't allow a flat rate that causes me to absorb more shipping costs unless I raise the cost of something else. I hope to be able to become more efficient with packing and shipping so I can continue to offer great products at great prices, even while I expand my product line to include more premium products.

A couple of GREAT new things coming soon...

Hammam Spa- A fresh and steamy, almost ethereal, scent that seems to float just out of reach rather than cling heavy to your skin. Hammam Spa is inspired by the luxurious and fragrant Hammam Steam Bath experince . Top notes of Amalfi Lemon, Bergamot and Somali Jasmin float on a heart of medicinal Eucalyptus, Rosemary and Balsam Fir. Base notes of Cardamom, Pink Peppercorn and a blend of Atlantic Atlas Cedars & Redwood oils round out this steamy delight.
This will be available in ORION soap, Apothecary Oil and After Shave Tonic. (it is ready NOW but I will not be listing for sale until after Christmas because I can not ensure I will have the time to fill orders)

Pinnacle- The mark of ultimate achievement, the Pinnacle is the highest level one can achieve and this scent says JUST that...a fruity, smoky, dry and woody scent that is immediately recognized by those who have smelled the original 2010 version of the fragrance that inspired this Iced Pineapple forward scent with a Dry Birch heart and Oak moss & Ambergris sole. (Yes Cadre, this is inspired by the original Aventus scent but I have leaned toward the "cool" pineapple more than the "juicy")
This will be available in ORION soap, Apothecary Oil and After Shave Tonic. (it is ready NOW but I will not be listing for sale until after Christmas because I can not ensure I will have the time to fill orders)

Name Pending- an alluring sweet & smoky scent made with a blend of essential oils and aroma oils. This scent has taken a year to develop and has consumed a large amount of funds. There have been several exquisite smelling versions of this scent developed along the way, each very worthy of standing on its own. However, a very specific scent profile was the goal and I think I am close. There will be a soap, a tonic and an oil version of this scent BUT they may not all smell identical because the oils/chemicals behave SO differently under different conditions I have had to develop 3 different formulations. This one MAY be a limited release or may be limited in which products are available BUT oh boy is it worth having @CVargo. if I can ensure the concentrations are right.

SPA- Alluring & Luxurious. Sweet, Smoky-ashy Guiaicwood infused with hybrid bergamot, french sage leaf, black chamomile & Bulgarian Lavender.
This will be one of the first releases in my new SIMPLICITY base and will only be sold in the new bamboo bowls. An after shave tonic will also be available.

FRESH- Bright, Fresh Citrus. A blend of bright and fresh citrus', cubebe, sharp & floral black pepper, hints of Guiaicwood and oak moss
This will be one of the first releases in my new SIMPLICITY base and will only be sold in the new bamboo bowls. This one will NOT have an after shave match.

There will also be ORANGE DIRT, Black Rose Oud, Mango and probably another citrus or cubebe oil scent.

You do what you need to do for the business. Shipping wont kill the sale of a good product. Looks like there are a bunch irons in the fire for '21. Lookong forward too it.

You do what you need to do for the business. Shipping wont kill the sale of a good product. Looks like there are a bunch irons in the fire for '21. Lookong forward too it.
I admit, the flat rate shipping is as much out of laziness on my part as it is to ensure fairness. To make my job easier I have entered the shipping stats so the programs calculate things pretty accurately now and when I get an order where someone pays a lot more than should for shipping (it happens) I will either refund the $1 or add an item to make it fair. I know I'm splitting frog hairs here but one of my good friends runs a direct mail business and she has always made it her practice to ensure the little things are done right...I try to do those things if I can. If I could get HER to do my shipping I could TAKE OVER THE WORLD (please imagine ominous reverb here)

Some really nice sounding scents you are going to be putting out.

While I have plenty of soaps. I might have to add 1 or more CBL soaps to the den. Especially one that comes in those cool looking bamboo bowls. 👍

Pre-Christmas UPDATE

Fusion -Barba is available now

Roasted Oatmeal Stout Pucks are available.

Dragon's PUB! Ask me about this

SPA & Fresh are in midway through phase 2 of the CBL curing process and MAN are they looking and smelling fantastic. There are only 26 bowls of each ad there WON'T be any plastic tubs or samples of these soaps available in the first run. The CBL Simplicity base is a non-tallow soap inspired by the simple ingredients and masterful processes and slow curing processes employed some of the most iconic French soap makers. This means the soap isn't ready as quickly as the CBL Tonsorial soaps or other premium soaps but trust me, it's worth the wait. These soaps are on schedule to be available in January pending my giving each tub a final cleaning and labeling.

Hammam Spa & Pinnacle are also made and awaiting final packaging & labeling. They BOTH smell fantastic I will have these listed for sale shortly after New Years along with their matching Apothecary Oil and Tonic.

The Previously un-named scent has been received by the person who commissioned its creation and he has given a tentative thumbs up indicating I have either "nailed it" or close enough only a tweak here or there would be needed. The scent is a wonderful "velvety" "smooth" "smoky" "Woody" scent with a subtle almost fruity sweetness. @CVargo just LOVES the scent of I Coloniali and was heart broken at the thought that the little bit of it that he had left might be all that he might ever smell again. So he asked that I try to recreate the smell and make a soap (a better soap?) that smelled like his coveted I Colonialli Mango Cream (which smells nothing like mango cream). The scent that I created (a velvety, smooth, smoky, woody, slightly sweet...almost fruity scent) COULD be named "Velvet Wood" or "CV Wood" or we could name the wood after Chad some other way...but how? In any case, with the scent at or near perfection all that is let to do is perfect the soap base it will be employed in and the concetration it will be used and make the soap. This may be a February soap so stay tuned and SPREAD the word. I am fairly certain there are others who are looking for a soap that smells like the unobtainium once sold in a terracotta pot. (hows that for a name "Terracotta unobtanium"? "Terracotta Wanna")

Dragon's PUB! Ask me about this

UnripeSomeHorseshoecrab-size_restricted.gif

Right? We're asking! We're asking!
Dragons blood and ROS...smells quite unique. I’ve made it before, it’s a product that ONLY occurs when starts align (they did) and I make/made both scents in close succession thus have residual soap from both left over. it is a scent I plan to make as a regular run but never really get around to doing. I currently have some on hand (even have one full gift set made for a special person) and will work on getting it into containers for sale. It is a truly awesome soap in its own right. I don’t mean to make it sound like it is some secret menu item ... but it kind of is, you gotta know it is a possibility to know to ask to have a chance at getting your hands on some. Right now, it’s in 80gram containers without a label and I’ll update here with a total number of what’s available. It is a “fusion” of bases (ROS + FusionX) because those are the soaps that I made the scent in to begin with. It is more than a scent..it’s an experience.

How many times am I going to have to order soap from you just this month...:rolleyes::D

Back