The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

CBL Premium Shave Soap - Anouncments

Just a quick note for those who are motivated by lower prices...I’ve lowered the prices on pretty much EVERYTHING listed on CBLsoap.com that has been there prior to October. And if I didn’t lower the price I might just toss what ever it is in with some unsuspecting person’s order just to get rid of it. Why? Because I’ve got over 1000 empty tubs, jars and bowls waiting to be filled with brand new CBL soap bases in incredible new scents, labeled with beautiful new labels and put on the shelves currently occupied by old CBL soaps.

And I am unofficially offering custom scented after shave and apothecary oil provided I have the fragrance or essential oils available. CURRENTLY this is available to any who inquire and at no additional charge however beginning 2021 if I still offer this option it will require a small few.

Roasted Oatmeal Stout tonic is now available in limited quantity for those with a ROS hankering...and a soap is t far behind.
A special edition premium Dragons Blood soap is likely to be released in the near future.
Heard so much about the Roasted Oatmeal Stout, I need to get ahold of some to try. Oh, and Ghost Lime, and Hombres, and ...... :p

OK, sounds good, let me know. I will hold off on my order.😁

View attachment 39980
Found it. Of course I have a ton of the fresh lime (a.k.a. Ghost lime) fragrance blend mixed and ready to go but what I was looking for was a tub of CBL Premium Ghost Lime I had set aside a year or so ago...and I found it. It’s yours if you want it, I can add a splash of fresh oil to it to kick it up a notch but lime is one of those fragrances that can seem light no matter how much oil is added so how strong it smells will depend on your nose.

...and I found it. It’s yours if you want it, I can add a splash of fresh oil to it to kick it up a notch but lime is one of those fragrances that can seem light no matter how much oil is added so how strong it smells will depend on your nose.
I certainly do. I will leave the scent up to you @CBLindsay, If you think it needs kicked up, go for it. If you think it is ok as is, that's fine too. sent you a PM.

Thank you for digging this up!!! I am very grateful.

And I am unofficially offering custom scented after shave and apothecary oil provided I have the fragrance or essential oils available. CURRENTLY this is available to any who inquire and at no additional charge however beginning 2021 if I still offer this option it will require a small fee.
I took advantage of Chris’ offer to make custom scented aftershave products. Now I have most of my favorites!
255081F5-197A-4AF2-8630-7D0A7C02008F.jpeg

Any idea when (or if) Russian Tea will be back in stock Chris? Sounds like a great winter scent.

Any idea when (or if) Russian Tea will be back in stock Chris? Sounds like a great winter scent.
That's a scent I'm interested in also except I wonder if the cinnamon in Russian tea would possibly set my face on fire.....

That's a scent I'm interested in also except I wonder if the cinnamon in Russian tea would possibly set my face on fire.....
Russian Tea is indeed an awesome scent, one I thought would be quite popular given the popularity of the Russian tea scent once sold by Stropped Shopp. Alas, I had it available for 2 years and ended up having to give the stuff away or put it in the grab bag so it didn’t sit any longer. I still have some of the original fragrance oil blend (a major component is no longer available because the manufacture has gone out of business) and can probably make a similar version if needed but I don’t plan on making more at this time. It’s funny you both bring it up because as I packed up the last tub (grab bag purchase) I considered the possibility of using the Russian Tea blend in combination with another citrus blend for a a future release.
as for the cinnamon burn, not a big likelihood unless you are terribly sensitive because the original blend I used has very very little cinnamide in it. It doesn’t actually contain any real orange, clove or cinnamon oils...all synthetic and aroma chemicals. It was quite cheap 2-3 years ago when I bought it (although it took every extra penny I had at the time to buy the extra oil) but the replacement alternatives now are all more expensive and definitely more likely to light up a sensitive face.
It’s a favorite of my boys so I’ll probably end up making them both some for Christmas.

Used your Orion for the second time last night. I got great results, again. It took a few attempts to learn the soap, but it was worth it. I use a pre soaked boar brush, that has been completely shaken out. Load for a few seconds, wet the tips and load a few more seconds before going to the bowl with a brush that appears to be dipped in putty. This is whipped in the bowl, adding half a teaspoon amounts of water, and finally just adding drops of water. When it achieves a pearlescent glow, awesomeness has been reached. It may be the densest lather I've ever used, and the slickness is great too.

Used your Orion for the second time last night. I got great results, again. It took a few attempts to learn the soap, but it was worth it. I use a pre soaked boar brush, that has been completely shaken out. Load for a few seconds, wet the tips and load a few more seconds before going to the bowl with a brush that appears to be dipped in putty. This is whipped in the bowl, adding half a teaspoon amounts of water, and finally just adding drops of water. When it achieves a pearlescent glow, awesomeness has been reached. It may be the densest lather I've ever used, and the slickness is great too.
Thanks for the kind words and giving Orion a few attempts to learn its tricks. You deserve a gold start for using the boar brush, I have made many Orion test lathers with my big 'ol boar brush.

Back