The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

CBL Tonsorial -a new (OLD) formula is born

CBLindsay

I Blame Dave
Owner
Legacy
I am excited to announce the introduction a new CBL Soap formula - CBL Tonsorial

CBL Tonsorial is not exactly a new formula, the formula and the way it is an homage to the old school tonsorial soap that started my journey into making soap in the first place. Like the vintage tonsorial soaps, CBL Tonsorial is a ridiculously slick soap that provides all the protection and conditioning you need for a great shave everyday. CBL Tonsorial is a no-frills soap that relies on a time tested blend of tallow, stearic acid and coconut oil and specific cooking techniques rather than added butters and ultra-superfatting to provide a quality experience. CBL Tonsorial isa HARD soap that provides a dense, creamy lather that is slick and versatile. Whether you like your lather thick and fluffy or thin and wet, CBL Tonsorial quickly and easily loads and lathers into the perfect lather. Bloom it or not, this soap works great however you prefer to use it.
CBL Tonsorial Ingredients: Tallow blend, Stearic Acid, Water, Coconut Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Hydroxide, Fragrance, Glycerine (Tallow blend=wagyu beef tallow/beef tallow) beta version may contain up to 1% lard
Oatmeal stout made with guinness extra stout (lots of it) which contains gluten, if you are a gluten free household be aware when ordering or using this soap.
Jeris made with Jeris hair tonic (lots of it)...what ever Jeris is made of...this soap has it too!

The soap will be sold in 3 ounce portions hot poured into 6.5 ounce tubs. To allow for more variety in scent as the new formula is introduced the top label will be printed on the same water resistant labels used on the premium soap, the ones that bled color. A vinyl label will be top priority. A smaller 1.5 or 2 ounce mug sized puck is planned but no time frame is known yet.

Price per tub will be $9.00 (tubs will be 3 to 3 1/18 ounce each) - Mug sized pucks are likely to be $5/puck but the details are not in stone yet.

I'm open to suggestions and requests for the first few batches, I have some scents in the cue but if anyone has something they want to see (seasonal or otherwise) I will consider it.

BETA Sampled for sale! (I'll make the products live on the site this evening)
I made 4 different beta scents (slightly different formulations for each puck) and I've got about 20 of each scent available for those who are interested. The pucks are 3 inch discs cut to between 1 and 1.5 inches thick, each weighs between 2 ounce and 3 ounces (most are 2+ ounces). The 4 beta pucks are listed on the CBLsoap.com website and priced according to my cost of production to help recover some of my expense thus far. You are free to order one of each if you like, the website won't stop you from ordering more than one of each if you feel the need but i should remind you, I will be making more and will have different scents soon enough. And I WILL be making more of the oatmeal stout.

Prices will be $1 per puck for the Money and SIR Fougere, $2 per puck for the Jeris and $3 per puck for the Oatmeal Stout.
*Please note, the Jeris is a great soap but the scent is quite light if not TOO light. The price reflects the cost of production not a perceived value, if you would like to know more about the Jeris scent (or lack of) perhaps one of the guys who tested that scent can articulate their thoughts.

Here is an active thread about the beta soaps CBL version of Williams Tonsorial Shaving Soap

@CBLindsay This is great news.!

Want to grab a few of the betas. Nothing showing up yet. I may wear out the refresh button.

Would love a ghost banana. You could call it.....wait for it.....Monkey Pucks.

Ya got me!

Order placed for Money and SIR Fougere and a couple other soap goodies. Looking forward to trying em out!

So, has everyone had a chance to snag their Beta Pucks yet? I don't want to be accused of buying everything up before someone had a chance to get what they wanted........
I'm gonna hold off for other scents to get at the same time closer to black Friday, but thanks for checking @Spider

Some I'll watch for are Roasted Oatmeal Stout, Orange Dirt and most all the Ghost line (Lime, Banana, PineappleCilantroBanana, Dragons Blood, Etc)

So, has everyone had a chance to snag their Beta Pucks yet? I don't want to be accused of buying everything up before someone had a chance to get what they wanted........
I have been resisting buying more as well. At $1 or 2 an puck it is a steal.

I've thought about buying all the LFM (the REAL name of the mislabeled SIR Fougere :p) and Oatmeal Stout, but decided not to be greedy and let others enjoy this stuff while I continue to play with the samples.

I've thought about buying all the LFM (the REAL name of the mislabeled SIR Fougere :p) and Oatmeal Stout, but decided not to be greedy and let others enjoy this stuff while I continue to play with the samples.
Sounds like KJ is going to grab everything so you might as well get a piece of prize.

The Beta pucks are a steal for sure. The size and packaging is also part of the Beta test, I want to get an idea of what you guys think of the size, shape and presentation too. They look a bit like a craft fair soap to me (definitely not well packaged and presented like Lisa presents her individual soaps...if I could do that you would be paying top $ for the stuff) which is why i decided I need to go back to the tub.

As far as upcoming scents I have a couple "barbershop" scents on deck, a possible seasonal scent (pumpkin like), maybe the oud minerale', i was thinking dragons blood and of course I need to do a ghost scent at some point too....but which one? A ghost citrus of some sort i imagine.

The Beta pucks are a steal for sure. The size and packaging is also part of the Beta test, I want to get an idea of what you guys think of the size, shape and presentation too. They look a bit like a craft fair soap to me (definitely not well packaged and presented like Lisa presents her individual soaps...if I could do that you would be paying top $ for the stuff) which is why i decided I need to go back to the tub.

As far as upcoming scents I have a couple "barbershop" scents on deck, a possible seasonal scent (pumpkin like), maybe the oud minerale', i was thinking dragons blood and of course I need to do a ghost scent at some point too....but which one? A ghost citrus of some sort i imagine.
If a single ghost citrus I would vote Lime.

My choices as well, along with Orange Dirt, because it would be foolish to spend more on shipping than on soap! ;)
Lol! I had the same thought! That’s why with the two Tonsorials I also got a regular Fresh Vetiver and regular Cherry Blossom & Bamboo!

Back