The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

CBL Tonsorial- new releases (& coupons) announced here!

I admit I don't pop in that often but I am glad I did because the post above me mentioned a chilled Grape Soda soap from CBL.
I have got to have this! order placed!

Great minds think alike!! Mentholated Grape Soda sounds like such a wonderful interesting combo and one you don't see often if at all, very unique.

Great minds think alike!! Mentholated Grape Soda sounds like such a wonderful interesting combo and one you don't see often if at all, very unique.

Thanks for mentioning the CBL grape. That would have never been on my radar.
I love fruity soaps. lemons, oranges, cherries, grapes, pineapples. Add some menthol and its 10x better!
I would like to see a mentholated/synthetic cooled melon soap.

Thanks for mentioning the CBL grape. That would have never been on my radar.
I love fruity soaps. lemons, oranges, cherries, grapes, pineapples. Add some menthol and its 10x better!
I would like to see a mentholated/synthetic cooled melon soap.

Anytime Brother! I actually stumbled on this one by accident but it sounds marvelous.

@CBLindsay what's with some of these samples I’ve seen in posts with pucks labeled “Master Barber”? New labeling? New formula? Some leftovers from a Barber Dave special order? CBL Fans want to know!!!!
Ahh, you noticed. I’ve actually only sent out a few pucks but I will have a few more out soon. I am working on another formula that I am tentatively calling “master barber”. It is intended to have the best features of the tonsorial line along with the extra post shave richness and increased scent strength you expect from the premium line. ...at a price point as close to the tonsorial line as possible. I’m still deciding on some of the fine details and finishing touches but I expect you’ll see production CBL Master Barber by April.

Ahh, you noticed. I’ve actually only sent out a few pucks but I will have a few more out soon. I am working on another formula that I am tentatively calling “master barber”. It is intended to have the best features of the tonsorial line along with the extra post shave richness and increased scent strength you expect from the premium line. ...at a price point as close to the tonsorial line as possible. I’m still deciding on some of the fine details and finishing touches but I expect you’ll see production CBL Master Barber by April.
So, will you be consolidating yo a single line, or two? Or will there be a 3 base lineup?

So, will you be consolidating yo a single line, or two? Or will there be a 3 base lineup?
I guess that will depend on how it turns out. I would love to think I could move to a single base but the tonsorial was designed to be pure and simple, the master barber is definitely more complex so the two ARE different...the question would be does the world need (would they BUY) both. If anything I would simplify the offerings of one or the other, keep a simple scent line-up in tonsorial and devote more scent attention to master barber (assuming its the better soap). The premium line has its place in the world but I have never liked how soft it is...but it is very versatile from a production standpoint. I think the only thing I can say for sure with 100% certainty is I will be simplifying the offerings going forward.

e04d166a5562a7c385a6be75e31f98fe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back