The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

CBL Tonsorial- new releases (& coupons) announced here!

Only 1 left !!!!!!!
....and they are GONE. all that remains is a 2 1/2 ounce misfit that I set aside for potential personal use or maybe for the future CBL museum. It’s a fun scent in a good base, I think it might need to be made again someday.

As for the 2 week wallet brake...I’m thinking maybe longer. I’ve got ideas but I’ve also got a lot of personal/business stuff that hits first thing in January.

....and they are GONE. all that remains is a 2 1/2 ounce misfit that I set aside for potential personal use or maybe for the future CBL museum. It’s a fun scent in a good base, I think it might need to be made again someday.

As for the 2 week wallet brake...I’m thinking maybe longer. I’ve got ideas but I’ve also got a lot of personal/business stuff that hits first thing in January.

Nevermind. I re-read the posts. Well I hope it does return... Along with my missing powers of reading comprehension. Lol

Last edited:
Please say more about this
I have bucket loads of scents that I’ve never made for general distribution for one reason or another. Some are very good but just get pushed aside, some are just small bottles I bought to test or mix. SOME are frags I bought because someone wanted me to make a soap that smells a certain way and I’m waiting to find complementary frags (screaming dolphin something). If something i find something interesting I will buy some fragrance oil to try, the same as I used to buy soap to try.
...and I’ve got MORE coming.

I just tried my first CBL Tonsorial, it's still early days, but so far I think this is better than the original.

Edit: I remember we had a thread a while back about the best 'reference standard' soaps. I think this may be it. It's just soap in all the best ways.

Just placed an order for INSURGENT and GRAPE SODA- I need more soaps like I need a hole in my head, but am curious to see how the Tonsorial Formula compaires to the Regular Base. Grape Soda is a interesting scent and only a few other artisans making a similar scent (CB, K Shaveworks) and the added Menthol/ cooling agents make this sound like a awesome experience. Chris is a great guy and have full confidence in his soap making abilities and scents.

Noticed some of the CBL threads being buried over on the other fourm which is sad and a shame since these soaps DESERVE a wider audience IMO but the good thing is there are many fourms to choose from and have found many of them to have one too many jokers accept for TSC, TSD, and TheShavingGroup which are the fourms I considered "HOME BASE" at one time or another. SO many great options make this a wonderful time to be a part of this great community!

Back