The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

CBL Tonsorial- new releases (& coupons) announced here!

I think Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter (yes Chris even the Tweeter Machine has value) are going to be your biggest marketing tools. There are so many shaving groups on Facebook it's not even funny. When I post and SOTD it is usually just in my feed. I probably need to do a better job at post the CBL SOTDs to those groups also...not just my feed. That being said...my Instagram followers include a lot of soap makers, people who post a lot of SOTDs, and shaving related vendors. Not saying that I have a lot of followers, but it seems like every time I turn around some new person or business that is shaving related is following me.

Another thought...I don't know what his criteria is...but @CBLindsay have you thought about sending a soap or two for Mantic to try? After all @mantic59 is a member here. He has a pretty large following on his site and social media.
I do think a better organized (and active) social media presence that focused on places like instagram would be quite beneficial in growing the CBL brand awareness. The fact it has grown as it has is because those of you loyal Cadre members who are active on social media and vocal in the wet shaving community at large have shared your opinions. I have considered the value the additional exposure a review and opinion expressed by @mantic59 would bring but I assume he is absolutely inundated with soaps being sent to him to try (as is any such “influencer” type with a platform to expose and a following who listens). When he joined as a member he also added our forums feed to his website so his followers do get to see a lot of what goes on here, even the discussions about CBL and our other TSC (and non-TSC) artisans. So he has been helping to the keep the wet shaving community abreast of our goings on. ...Still, it would be kind of cool to get his take on the CBL Tonsorial line.

I’ve got Insurgent on the way.
very interested in trying it.
The only vintage soap that I’ve ever used was Old Spice. I really only wanted the mug. The soap was decent not sure how old it was. Scent was barely there. (I like stronger scents). So this Tonsorial should be fun.
Ken

Got my new scents in yesterday..... it'll be a fun few days trying them out!

I do plan to do pucks in the new year, ones that will fit in the old mugs. I’d like to stick with vintage like scents at first but we will have to see what inspires me.

Cheese grater easily gets the job done fit wise.
Scents are a different story. So subjective.
Not sure if it’s been done. But may I suggest an Aqua Velva inspired one.
“Somethin about a Aqua Velva man”

Shouldn’t be hard?
Easy for you to say. 🤔
i am not even sure what scents it is composed of.
I just know that I like it. And it has stood the test of time
Just a thought.
Ken
My other thought was a gourmand scent line.
But I am not sure if people other than me would like to lather up with Brats and Sauerkraut soap.

Said right there that it doesn't! Technical foul!

Back