The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Coming soon (summer 2022)

CBLindsay

I Blame Dave
Owner
Legacy
New soaps/scents coming soon.

Waldmoos- A firm puck of soap, approximately 2.25 ounces in weight. A vintage Irisch Moos like scent- green, aromatic & woody
Miracle Max- Approximately 88grams of firm soap packed into a small plastic tub. One of the latest Princess Bride themed scents. Rich Fruits (plum, blood orange), Dark-herbal chocolate, woods and leathers...with a splash of lime bay rum. A truly unique take on a chocolate scent.
Smolder- 4 ounces of CBL original premium soap made with freshly rendered locally sourced tallow, added butters and goat milk. Incense, smoked Palo Santo wood resins, guaiac wood, black pepper, leather, labdanum, cade oil- A Dark, smoldering and smoky journey.
Inconceivable- 4 ounces of CBL original premium soap made with freshly rendered locally sourced tallow, added butters and goat milk. One of the latest Princes Bride themed scents. Italian Lemon, Tangerine, Moss, Sage, Geranium & Sicilian Peach. This scent's ability to transport you to the shores of Sicily is just...Inconceivable. (contains citrus essential oils)
Fresh Lime -4 ounces of CBL Apothecary blend (semi-firm) with added oils, goat milk and 2 types of synthetic cooling agents. The original CBL fresh lime scent made with blend of Lime essential oils and fragrance oils for that most enjoyable lime scent. This one packs a chilly punch.
Orange Creamsicle -4 ounces of CBL Apothecary blend (semi-firm) with added oils, goat milk and 2 types of synthetic cooling agents. That classic orange sherbet and vanilla ice cream dessert you love, in a shave soap. chilly but not crazy.

These soaps are made, some are already packed and labeled others are still curing/aging. I will get them all on the website soon.

I have fairly easy access to local sourced beef fat with which to render tallow. The prices are fair (not cheap) and the amount of work required to make my own CLEAN tallow is substantial, but, I think it makes a positive difference in the soap. Going forward I may transition all my soaps to local sourced, fresh rendered tallow.

Inconceivable- 4 ounces of CBL original premium soap made with freshly rendered locally sourced tallow, added butters and goat milk. One of the latest Princes Bride themed scents. Italian Lemon, Tangerine, Moss, Sage, Geranium & Sicilian Peach. This scent's ability to transport you to the shores of Sicily is just...Inconceivable. (contains citrus essential oils)
Approves.

Vizzini-Princess-Bride1.jpeg

Smolder- 4 ounces of CBL original premium soap made with freshly rendered locally sourced tallow, added butters and goat milk. Incense, smoked Palo Santo wood resins, guaiac wood, black pepper, leather, labdanum, cade oil- A Dark, smoldering and smoky journey.
@NurseDave Are you seeing this????

I will definitely need to buy some of this.....having helped name it.

New soaps/scents coming soon.

Waldmoos- A firm puck of soap, approximately 2.25 ounces in weight. A vintage Irisch Moos like scent- green, aromatic & woody
Miracle Max- Approximately 88grams of firm soap packed into a small plastic tub. One of the latest Princess Bride themed scents. Rich Fruits (plum, blood orange), Dark-herbal chocolate, woods and leathers...with a splash of lime bay rum. A truly unique take on a chocolate scent.
Fresh Lime -4 ounces of CBL Apothecary blend (semi-firm) with added oils, goat milk and 2 types of synthetic cooling agents. The original CBL fresh lime scent made with blend of Lime essential oils and fragrance oils for that most enjoyable lime scent. This one packs a chilly punch.
Orange Creamsicle -4 ounces of CBL Apothecary blend (semi-firm) with added oils, goat milk and 2 types of synthetic cooling agents. That classic orange sherbet and vanilla ice cream dessert you love, in a shave soap. chilly but not crazy.

These soaps are made, some are already packed and labeled others are still curing/aging. I will get them all on the website soon.

I have fairly easy access to local sourced beef fat with which to render tallow. The prices are fair (not cheap) and the amount of work required to make my own CLEAN tallow is substantial, but, I think it makes a positive difference in the soap. Going forward I may transition all my soaps to local sourced, fresh rendered tallow.
I know this is dumb . but . these are all shave soaps and not any shower?

I know this is dumb . but . these are all shave soaps and not any shower?
All shaving soap. Some (most) will have an option for after shave.

Since other artisans (Stirling and LNHC) do bar soap as a major component of their line up I keep my bar soap offerings pretty slim. I will make special request scents but mostly I use oils I don’t think will make a good shaving soap or ones I have limited amounts of on hand.
I do have some special request bar soap pending and even the return of a scent people really liked.

I have a small amount of Tabac and some Brut scented bath soaps I’ll be adding to the website too.

Speaking of bath soap… I am working with my son and his wife to have them help me make more bath soaps and even trying our hand at some cold process stuff.

I have a small amount of Tabac and some Brut scented bath soaps I’ll be adding to the website too.
iu

All shaving soap. Some (most) will have an option for after shave.

Since other artisans (Stirling and LNHC) do bar soap as a major component of their line up I keep my bar soap offerings pretty slim. I will make special request scents but mostly I use oils I don’t think will make a good shaving soap or ones I have limited amounts of on hand.
I do have some special request bar soap pending and even the return of a scent people really liked.

Speaking of bath soap… I am working with my son and his wife to have them help me make more bath soaps and even trying our hand at some cold process stuff.
Thank you for the reply.. I appreciate it a lot..

Back