The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Coming soon (summer 2022)

I will be adding a couple new bar soaps to the website soon. These soaps are a little different from my traditional CBL Bar soap, they are made with aloe and a blend of skin conditioners including hyaluronic acid, ceramides and some more exotic stuff. AND they are made using a "cold process" that yields a smoother texture. The good news is these soaps are really awesome performers. The bad news is they aren't aesthetically perfect because we are still experimenting with the process.
The first scent is an English Bath house scent, a fresh and somewhat floral scent. The bars are better than 4 ounces and look very nice with the exception of a little ashing on the surface.
The second is the much anticipated BEE-Spoke scent. Unfortunately the fragrance oil I use for this scent accelerates the cold process a LOT and resulted in a bar that is a little less smooth than expected. This bar has more ashing on the surface and is less "pretty" than I was going for. I will have many 4+ ounce bars available.

BOTH bars produce a creamier lather and are more "conditioning" than my regular bars. They will be priced at/around $4-$4.50, if these were more "perfect" I would be pricing them at $5/bar

I will be adding a couple new bar soaps to the website soon. These soaps are a little different from my traditional CBL Bar soap, they are made with aloe and a blend of skin conditioners including hyaluronic acid, ceramides and some more exotic stuff. AND they are made using a "cold process" that yields a smoother texture. The good news is these soaps are really awesome performers. The bad news is they aren't aesthetically perfect because we are still experimenting with the process.
Excellent. I typically use a better soap on my face than body, and I'm running out of my facial bars. This sounds like a perfect replacement.
The second is the much anticipated BEE-Spoke scent.
Can't wait.... hope you made enough for everyone else after I load up my cart!

Excellent. I typically use a better soap on my face than body, and I'm running out of my facial bars. This sounds like a perfect replacement.

Can't wait.... hope you made enough for everyone else after I load up my cart!
This version of bar soap is really nice. I did make a lot more of both scents so I expect I will have plenty for everyone. I have some smaller, 2.5 ounce bars of the BEE-Spoke I will probably include as a freebie for those who order the BEE-Spoke shave soap or aftershave tonic.

I mentioned before that I am working with my son and daughter-in-law to expand the bar soap options. Our plan is to build out the bar soap line a bit then have them (and maybe my wife) sell them at local farmers markets.
They have developed some interesting scents (one is Witcher themed...something with gooseberry in it) that is made using a 100% olive oil soap, pretty nice stuff. We are playing with a blend of olive oil and coconut oil to see how that turns out.

With the local temperatures running 100+ we may hold off going to farmers markets until fall, if this is the case I may list the stuff we made for the famers markets on my website.

The soap you sent me is awesome. We have a bar at each sink. It lathers really well and the scent is still strong....even in this heat.
The wife is still thinking about her review.

The soap you sent me is awesome. We have a bar at each sink. It lathers really well and the scent is still strong....even in this heat.
The wife is still thinking about her review.
Happy to here you both are enjoying it. I made that using the same tallow/coconut oil formula as my other bars, but I made it at very low temps to keep it smooth. The english bath house soap looks and behaves very similar but it has some other "make yo skin happy" stuff in it.

Happy to here you both are enjoying it. I made that using the same tallow/coconut oil formula as my other bars, but I made it at very low temps to keep it smooth. The english bath house soap looks and behaves very similar but it has some other "make yo skin happy" stuff in it.
I'm confident that all the sinks in my house will be equipped with CBL soaps from now on. The lather is exactly what I'm looking for. And who can be mad with happier skin?

View attachment 90226
It's available on the website now.
giphy.gif

Never tried your soap base but things are about to change! I heard it’s slick Rick!
You might want to check this out...

Back