The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Heads up!

CBLindsay

I Blame Dave
Owner
Legacy
Just a heads up for those who have been wanting a new CBL soap. I have several new scents on the horizon, some are very exciting and some are VERY limited in quantity.

The first up is Dragon's Milk. This one is made with real bourbon barrel aged stout beer to add an extra layer of complexity to the fragrance and kick the face feel up a notch. I have made a matching after shave "elixir" that is a little different from my regular tonic, it has powdered beer, extra Hyaluronic acid AND added Ceramides for a little extra skin conditioning. Because the soap and aftershave are made to be a little more conditioning I have been careful not to make the strength of scent too over powering (I think), I want this to be an interesting scent that can be enjoyed all day. *A few of you have already sampled the scent but I will note, the scent has been modified since everyone tested it. ...I think the change makes the fragrance more enjoyable.
Dragon's Milk is an enchanting and playful scent that includes notes of sweet pipe smoke and bourbon, creamy stout beer, bitter dark chocolate, coffee and an enticing blend of incense like notes, woods, tonka bean and amber. The scent is sweet and creamy at the open but it includes so much more.

This is definitely a limited quantity item. I expect to have this one ready in a week or so.

Dragons_milk soap.jpg
CBL_aftershave_dragons_milk.jpg

giphy.gif

Ooo the updated profile description does sound quite inticing
😍

Dragon's Milk is an enchanting and playful scent that includes notes of sweet pipe smoke and bourbon, creamy stout beer, bitter dark chocolate, coffee and an enticing blend of incense like notes, woods, tonka bean and amber.
Is this a “dragons blood” type scent?

Is this a “dragons blood” type scent?
No it really isn’t. It is somewhat like the roasted oatmeal stout…but not, maybe it’s the stout beer base.

The scent notes really blend well together so it is really unique, and the scent does evolve a bit. There were some (@BarberDave) who were hoping to get a Hershey Stout beer type scent, this isn’t that chocolaty on its own but I have tried adding a little Chocolate Greedy fragrance oil and the result was interesting.

It sort of is to my nose, but it’s definitely a creamier scent.
Ok, I used it again this morning. I think my brain got duped by the name. After comparing, it does have a few similarities to Dragon's Blood, but it does lack most of what makes the Dragon's Blood scent. It is similar to Roasted Oatmeal Stout, but it's even better! (I had no idea that was possible.)

Ok, I used it again this morning. I think my brain got duped by the name. After comparing, it does have a few similarities to Dragon's Blood, but it does lack most of what makes the Dragon's Blood scent. It is similar to Roasted Oatmeal Stout, but it's even better! (I had no idea that was possible.)
It does have incense and more exotic woody notes to it and those are present in the Dragon's blood too but DB is SO much stronger. And yeah, DB has a very distinct something else that is just not in this scent at all (which is good, otherwise it would just be another DB scent). After several uses I think I agree it is most similar to ROS but lacks the buttery "edible" feel.

I'm really excited that the after shave seems to be working as well as it is. The scent is an enjoyable all day scent and the altered formula is really pleasing to my skin. I hope everyone likes it.

Okay Chris...you are teasing us already...just release it already!

The first up implies there will be a second? Are you trickling information out? Tell us already! My wallet is bursting with anticipation! 🤪
I do actually have a couple other scents ready to roll, I am just trying to decide which base and packaging to use. I also need to name them and make labels. One of the upcoming scents is my most recent attempt to duplicate the OLD Sir Irisch Moos aftershave, this one will most likely be limited to a harder puck wrapped in plastic to protect the scent and some after shave. I also have a nice Yuzu/Madagascar pepper scent (need a name and label...this one is kind of classy so it could be a candidate for the wood bowl). I was working on another Princess bride themed scent and came up with a unique aquatic-old spice, but this one may need some test noses to weigh in because I am not sure. AND I was going to do more Fresh Lime with matching after shave.
There are a few more scents on my workbench but I don't know when I'll get to them.

Back