The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Heads up!

Loving this announcement, as this base is my favorite! (Especially when it has added hemp oil)
The stuff I just made doesn't have Hemp oil in it because I wanted to confirm the mods I made helped to firm it up. I didn't want to include Hemp oil until I had a good baseline. I will eventually run out of the Wagyu tallow I have on hand and will have to switch to a new tallow. I am working on a local small farm sourced tallow, I can get the raw fat/tallow but I don't want to have to render it myself (my wife strongly objects to the smell)

...and a year from now @CBLindsay has a small herd of beef cattle for the sole purpose of having a reliable source of tallow. ;)
When I first started making CBL Premium Tallow I would render the tallow myself...my wife QUICKLY squashed that idea. Fortunately I do have access to a local rancher but I don't want to have to render anything inhouse if I can avoid it. Then again, if I DO end up rendering myself I would be able to sell to local soap/candle makers.

Given a choice, I would just take the Ribeye and leave the herd.

Just a quick product update...
I have more Bar Soap about to be made available on the website, Frosted Eucalyptus, Original Vetiver and Orange Dirt. As mentioned elsewhere, the Orange dirt was a special request made by a loyal TSC member so they get first crack at the 10 bars I made (he has left some for the rest of you). Original Vetiver has a few more bars available but it is still a limited quantity scent. Frosted Eucalyptus has more than 30 bars available. I have a list started of those who want/ed the OD and OV, I'll make sure the guys on that list get what they want.

I will also be bringing back my ORIGINAL CBL Premium tallow soap (with Wagyu beef tallow) in several scents. These soaps will be made using my original formula BUT that formula has been modified slightly to produce a firmer soap (still a "croap" but much firmer than my original releases). The following scents have been made and will be available soon.
Orange Dirt (25 tubs) and I will be offering tonic and apothecary oil in this scent. (ready to go, just needs to be added to the website)
Russian Tea (25 tubs) and I will be offering SOME tonic and apothecary oil in this scent. (ready to go, just needs to be added to the website)
"Vintage" - opening notes of Peppercorn, Yuzu and Coriander. Middle notes are Incense, Cinnamon and Rose. Base notes are Virginia Cedar, Sandalwood and Musk. A cologne-like scent Unsure if this will be sold in bamboo bowls or tubs but I should have 30 tubs or so.
(name pending)- a Cherry, almond and Chocolate scent with a little something more. The "more" makes the scent more regal and refined BUT the first impression might remind you of a cherry tootsie pop. About 20 tubs (more possible if scent sells)
@CBLindsay any idea when these will be available on the site?

A few updates for those who are following along at home...
I have 2 bars of Orange Dirt bar soap left and maybe 6-8 bars of the Original Vetiver. Since these are in rather short supply I am inviting those interested to post or PM their interest so I can make sure you get what you want. I know @Spider wanted the OG Vetiver so he will have first option, speak up if you want in line behind him.

I made more of my original premium tallow made with wagyu tallow and hemp oil. I have a few scents prepared and will be making one or 2 more (and/or making some special orders for some). In addition to the Orange Dirt and Russian tea I have already announced and made available on my website I have the following: (I will add to my website soon)
Vintage- A woody, warm spicy scent. Pepper, Yuzu and Coriander or the top notes. Incense, Cinnamon, Rose, Virginia Cedar and sandalwood make up the middle and base of this complex, cologne-like scent. 24 tubs @$18.50 and i will have tonic and oil available. (no hemp oil in this one)
Tootsie- tart cherry, decadent chocolate, almond, metallic ink and cotton all rolled into one. The first impression might remind you of a cherry tootsie pop but the scent evolves and the dry down (post rinse) becomes more inky. Made with original premium tallow NO hemp oil. only 20 tubs @$18.50 (I can make tonic and post shave oil in this scent too)
BEE- a clone of Zoologist's "Bee" cologne. A very unique and complex scent that opens with obvious honey/beeswax notes then becomes much, much more. On the whole, this scent takes on a somewhat "metaphysical-shop" like feel. The combined notes form an incense like/inspired feel. The base notes (benzoin, vanilla, tonka bean, Labdanum, sandalwood and musk) provide a creamy, spiced-amber like background. Made with hemp oil 21 tubs @$18.50 and I have enough oil on hand to make tonic and post shave oil. *i think this will be popular so I may make more soap in the future.
Renaissance (working name, may change)- A blend of Sandalwood, Cedar, Patchouli and sage (essential oils & fragrance oils). The primary note is a creamy/slightly spicy Sandalwood, a blend of cedar oils add some depth to the Sandalwood while the Patchouli brings a fresh liveliness. The sage is barely noticed but rounds out the vibe. Nothing in this scent is overpowering, the individual notes blend nicely to impart a Ren fair like feel that can VERY easily be enjoyed through the day. 21 tubs @$18.50, tonic and oil available (made with hemp oil)
Oud Mineral- Yep...I made more. This scent is most easily described as Ocean minerals (salt spray, Ocean water), and Rich Agarwood/oud. The ocean mineral notes come from sea salt, seaweed, Ambergris and maybe a little pepperwood. This was very popular when I made it the first time, now I have 22 full sized tubs available @$18.50 and will have tonic and oil available too. made with hemp oil base.

I am considering making a small batch of Black Rose Oud, one of my original scents that was quite popular. This is an amazing darker rose scent. I am also thinking about releasing my newest revision of Sir Irisch Moos in this base (my plan is to make the SIM revision in tonsorial pucks).

My son asked me if I could make a shaving soap powder...so I am exploring THAT concept as well.

Back