The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

8jhzay.jpg
Shhh 🤫

You’re on the wrong side of the world anyway pfft 😂

Shave #76 (900 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Parker Adjustable injector, generic blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and Tom Ford Mandarino Di Amalfi to finish!

Happy Saturday all!

Just in the middle of chores and spreading Democracy (Helldivers 2)!

Shave #77 (900 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Parker Adjustable injector, generic blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

Body still hasn’t adjusted to the time change. I’m pretty tired, even with the extra hours sleep yesterday and today. Le sigh.

Great shave though. Not sure what it was yesterday but the blade already in the Parker felt no bueno, so I swapped it out with a fresh generic. Seemed to do the trick, along with the reminders to myself that even as mild as the Parker feels, you still can’t put pressure and you just have to accept that you’re only going to get a reasonably close shave in most cases. So today was much better!

Church this morning. Grocery shopping later. The eldest has his first Sunday work shift.

IMG_5201.gif

Have a blessed Sunday all!

Shave #78 (900 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Parker Adjustable injector, generic blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine American Blend AS, and YSL Rive Gauche to finish!

The day that shall not be named, is back.
giphy.gif

Great shave at least! If anything could give a pick me up on a Monday it’s a good shave and Rive Gauche!

Busy work week ahead. One negative aspect about the workload in this field is that a lot of admissions happen in evenings and especially on late Fridays and weekends…when there’s minimal non-medical support, leaving that non medical support in catch up mode. Yet another reason to dread Mondays. Oh well.

Let’s git er dun!

Shave #79 (900 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Parker Adjustable injector, generic blade, Simpsons The Duke synth brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and Dior Homme ‘20 to finish!

Heeey Tuesday!

Good shave this morning. Did push it just a tad much, but thankfully not too much visible irritation. Finished up with the office safe DH ‘20, since I’m largely in a facility today.

Work morning will kick off with an IDT meeting and then me at our EOL facility through mid day, then I’ll be able to make some visit around town. Have to put the finishing touches on a memorial service I’m helping with tomorrow.

The older two kids both have home games…so going to be a long day in that regard. Also have to get work done on a sermon for Sunday.

Busy is the word of the day!

Happy Tuesday all!

Shave #79 (900 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Parker Adjustable injector, generic blade, Simpsons The Duke synth brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and Dior Homme ‘20 to finish!

Heeey Tuesday!

Good shave this morning. Did push it just a tad much, but thankfully not too much visible irritation. Finished up with the office safe DH ‘20, since I’m largely in a facility today.

Work morning will kick off with an IDT meeting and then me at our EOL facility through mid day, then I’ll be able to make some visit around town. Have to put the finishing touches on a memorial service I’m helping with tomorrow.

The older two kids both have home games…so going to be a long day in that regard. Also have to get work done on a sermon for Sunday.

Busy is the word of the day!

Happy Tuesday all!
Pretty much Chris' life these days..

giphy.gif

Shave #80 (900 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Parker Adjustable injector, generic blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and Dior Sauvage EDT to finish!

Two great school games played yesterday, the boys’ teams won both!

Great shave this morning! Usual suspects for the most part. Decided to amp up the scent juice today and wear Sauvage!

A nice foggy marine layer settling over everything this morning. Should burn off by this afternoon though.

A memorial will be taking up about half my work day, then a couple other visits around town. OT workout later this evening.

Should be a decent day!

Happy Wednesday all!

Thanks Bruce! It was great!

Speaking of…did you ever pick up Elixir? Or did your manly neighbor dissuade you?
I swear he started wearing it again and the whole stairwell reeks smells of it, that's why I made the meme. But you know it's meant in good fun. Sauvage is great, but I just can't wear it for some reason.

I did get Gucci Guilty pour Homme Elixir de Parfum. does that count?

I swear he started wearing it again and the whole stairwell reeks smells of it, that's why I made the meme. But you know it's meant in good fun. Sauvage is great, but I just can't wear it for some reason.

I did get Gucci Guilty pour Homme Elixir de Parfum. does that count?
Fine.
IMG_5686.gif

Shave #81 (900 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Parker Adjustable injector, generic blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and Rochas Moustache EDP to finish!

Wooo…back half of the work week! Yesterday’s memorial went good. Got in a tough but good OT workout. Even just about done with the sermon! It’s been a tiring but super productive week so far.

Great shave this morning. No issues to note. Finished with the sweet, boozy vanilla of Moustache EDP!

IDT this morning then a bunch of home visits around the area.

Happy Thursday all!

Back