The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

bug and bot war for super earth...what!?

d71cfe0dcd1644770c4d8c2f621e4972.gif

Shave #99 (903 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and YSL Rive Gauche to finish!

Ugh, the day that shall not be named. We encounter each other yet again.

Great shave this morning at least! 3 bloodless passes with the Essence. Hard to have a bad morning when you get to use one of your favorite scents!

Busy day of visits ahead. Not before some professional coffee though!

Happy Monday all!

Shave #100 (904 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Razorock Big Bruce synth brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

Ahhhh, not Monday. 😉 Sure was a busy day yesterday though! Phew!

Thankfully a decent nights sleep. Great shave this morning! Some warmer days this week (mid-upper 70s) followed by another chance of weekend cloud spit, so for today, warmer weather frag - DHS!

Spending most of the day at the EOL facility today, I think. That’s after a visit to IT for a work iPad upgrade! They did my work phone last year and finally with a new EMR system being worked on, they’re doing the rest of the tech. Hopefully it still fits my bag!

Happy Tuesday all!

Shave #100 (904 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Razorock Big Bruce synth brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

Ahhhh, not Monday. 😉 Sure was a busy day yesterday though! Phew!

Thankfully a decent nights sleep. Great shave this morning! Some warmer days this week (mid-upper 70s) followed by another chance of weekend cloud spit, so for today, warmer weather frag - DHS!

Spending most of the day at the EOL facility today, I think. That’s after a visit to IT for a work iPad upgrade! They did my work phone last year and finally with a new EMR system being worked on, they’re doing the rest of the tech. Hopefully it still fits my bag!

Happy Tuesday all!
Chris's new iPad.. I think you're gonna need a bigger bag.

Services-Image-Bottom-Sample.jpg

Shave #101 (905 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and Fine Platinum EDT to finish!

IMG_9854.gif

Some decent games of volleyball yesterday, though unfortunately the middle son’s team ended up losing their matches. Still, it was close.

Great shave this morning! No complaints. Just good results! Decided to do Fine Platinum today, despite the warmer day ahead, as it’s been a little while.

No OT workout tonight, since I’ve run out of classes for this cycle. Happens once in a while. But I’ll be back to it Saturday. So should be a fairly straightforward day ahead with work, some practices to shuttle to, and a nice evening at home!

Happy Wednesday all!

Shave #102 (906 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and Rochas Moustache EDP to finish!

Tired this morning, but I’m up!

Not so bloodless shave this morning, but still good results. Just a few nicks here and there. Probably pushing things too hard. Decided to go for Moustache EDP on this Misty marine later morning.

Supposed to burn off later today and end up fairly warm. Should be a good day though!

Happy Thursday all!

Back