The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

I read Dune in high school and loved it. Of course, the movies have amazing effects, which are cool. The political intrigue woven throughout the story in the book is fascinating and very well done.
I think I might have gotten through the first 2 books. But that was about all my teenage mind could handle. I should go back and try reading the series again.

I think I might have gotten through the first 2 books. But that was about all my teenage mind could handle. I should go back and try reading the series again.
I forget how many books… three? Regardless, I read them all and enjoyed them. I was going from author to author in scifi, reading their best works. Then I found Heinlein and was down that rabbit hole for awhile. :)

Shave #90 (900 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Colonial “Armored” General Brass, Schick Proline blade, JT Spartan Burl brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and Penhaligon’s Sartorial to finish!

Fairly typical Saturday in progress…just with a little wonky weather twist. Bit of a nice sleep in, tough OT workout, followed by a visit to a local all gluten free bakery in town called the Lilac Patisserie for some breakfast and to grab some treats for Easter tomorrow. Then back home for chores.

Excellent shave this afternoon, post shower with the old school Cadillac of AC razors - the Colonial Brass General, except this beaut is coated with some nickel plating to help preserve it. Superbly smooth shave with that satisfying heft. Excellent results! Sartorial to seal the deal.

More laundry ahead…then just chillin for the rest of the day. The eldest has a work shift later…

IMG_5201.gif

…but that’s about it.

Happy Saturday all!

Shave #91 (900 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Colonial “Armored” General Brass, Schick Proline blade, JT Spartan Burl brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and Tom Ford Beau De Jour to finish!

Weird day of weather yesterday. We hit everything from sun, to rain, to hail and wind, to even a small thunderstorm. Pretty nice and chill day though once chores were done. No reason to venture out into that mess.

Great shave this morning. More excellent results. Classed it up with BDJ to finish it up!

Church this morning, a coffee hang out with a friend, then another free day.

Happy Easter and a blessed Sunday all!

Shave #92 (900 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Colonial “Armored” General Brass, Schick Proline blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

Ugh…weekend was too short! Pretty nice, chill day though yesterday, just hanging out with the family.

Great shave this morning. Nothing really new to report, just great results. Finished up with DHS!

Should be a fairly typical work day ahead, zoomin around town from visit to visit. The kids have a lot of games this week, so evenings will be busy unfortunately.

Happy Monday all!

Shave #93 (900 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Colonial “Armored” General Brass, Schick Proline blade, Simpson’s The Duke synth brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine American Blend AS, and YSL Rive Gauche to finish!

Not too bad of a day yesterday, if you don’t count the doggie digestive issues.

Great shave this morning. A well used combo of hardware/software and frags. One of the best!

Most of the work day will be spent at the EOL facility today. Kicking things off with IDT. The older boys have some home games this evening that we’ll be likely sitting in on. Gonna be a full day!

Happy Tuesday all!

Shave #94 (900 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Colonial “Armored” General Brass, Schick Proline blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and Penhaligon’s Sartorial to finish!

Hot dang! It’s Wednesday! Full day yesterday, but a decent day…even if I am a little tired this morning. One volleyball game won, one lacrosse game not lost too badly 😂

Great shave this morning! Brought out Sartorial again today. Seemed appropriate as the weather warms up a bit. May still get a few drops of rain Friday, but otherwise we’re projected to have high 60s to mid 70s the rest of the week.

Today should be a well paced day. Some visits around town and getting notes ready for tomorrow’s IDT. Probably an OT workout this evening to liven things up.

Happy Wednesday all!

Hot dang! It’s Wednesday!
Woo hoo!!! 😁

giphy.gif

Shave #95 (900 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Colonial “Armored” General Brass, Schick Proline blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

Ended up being a much busier day than expected…but that seems to be the norm when I think I’ve got a bit of an easier time. Tough OT workout last night too. At least I slept decently!

Great shave this morning! Just one more to go, maybe, on the General? Haven’t decided if I want to start back on the open blade shaves early or be stuck starting back on mid week next week. Finished up with DHS!

IDT first thing this morning, then home visits around town.

Happy Thursday all!

Shave #96 (900 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Colonial “Armored” General Brass, Schick Proline blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and Dior Sauvage Elixir to finish!

Heeeey! We all know what day today is!
giphy-downsized.gif

A little bit of a restless night but a great, refreshing shave this morning! Same ol, same ol…except that today’s closing frag is dedicated to in honor of our favorite Helsinkian…because he loves Sauvage Elixir so much!

Busy day ahead. Starting out at the EOL facility, then making visit around town. Tonight is the lacrosse senior night, so the whole family has to brave the freezing cold and stiff backs from bleachers this evening to cheer on the eldest. Hopefully they get a win 😂

Happy Friday all!

Shave #97 (901 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and Versace Pour Homme to finish!

That sudden realization that were nearly 1/3 the way through the year already.

Typical Saturday in progress. OT workout followed by a nice breakfast at a new to me spot. They had a pretty good quilachiles! Still not as excellent as Mony’s but not the worst either. Then back home for chores.

Decided just to kick off the quest to 950 open blade shaves already rather than wait for nice, round numbers. Just like riding a bike…mostly. Good shave! Decided to close it out with Versace PH, which doesn’t really get much day use anymore. It’s mostly been relegated to my evening, post-shower frag. We’ll see if it gets more use as days warm up towards summer.

More laundry loads to go!

Happy Saturday all!

Shave #98 (902 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and Acqua Di Gio Absolu Instinct to finish!

After a little bit of a sleep in…up for church!

Great shave this morning. Just a couple minuscule follicles decapitated. Decided to finish up with the fairly synthetic spiced wood, but still decent overall Absolu Instinct. A few more uses and this 10ml decent will be history. Probably won’t try to find it again.

Grocery shopping later. Then hopefully some time to spread democracy as the war with bug and bots rages on for Super Earth!

Have a blessed Sunday all!

Back