The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #110 (914 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and Dior Sauvage EDT to finish!

Ahhhh, Friday!

Great shave this morning to close it the work week. Forgot to swap out the brush, but not the frag, no sir! Finishing strong with a couple sprays of Sauvage! Boom (as our resident nurse used to say)!

Busy day ahead before getting to the weekend. A number of visits and a memorial to facilitate. Dealing with some eye thing too unfortunately. It can’t decide if it wants to clear up or not…fortunately it doesn’t look visibly too bad.

Happy Friday all!

Shave #110 (914 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and Dior Sauvage EDT to finish!

Ahhhh, Friday!

Great shave this morning to close it the work week. Forgot to swap out the brush, but not the frag, no sir! Finishing strong with a couple sprays of Sauvage! Boom (as our resident nurse used to say)!

Busy day ahead before getting to the weekend. A number of visits and a memorial to facilitate. Dealing with some eye thing too unfortunately. It can’t decide if it wants to clear up or not…fortunately it doesn’t look visibly too bad.

Happy Friday all!
You know, Chris, having to look at nurse Dave‘s posts, especially his Chuck Norris posts that may be the cause of your eye thing🤣

Shave #111 (915 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and Rochas Moustache EDP to finish!

Fairly typical Saturday in progress! Bit of a sleep in, OT workout, then chilaquiles and a coffee before getting a haircut and heading back for chores.

Great shave this afternoon between laundry loads. This blade seems to still be chugging along decently, so it may see another week of use. Currently has 2 weeks of shaves on it. A cooler and overcast day, so I brought out Moustache EDP to finish things up.

More laundry to get through, democracy to spread, and the oldest’s girlfriend is coming over to hang out with him for a few hours 🙄

Happy Saturday all!

so I brought out Moustache EDP to finish things up.

giphy-downsized.gif

Shave #112 (916 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille to finish!

Man, not the best night’s rest unfortunately. Not sure whether it was soreness setting in from the workout or just an odd night, but lots of tossing and waking up.

Excellent shave though. There wasn’t much to take care of given yesterday’s late shave. But I went through the motions anyway! Finished up with Tobacco Vanille. If you’re a fan of youthful, bougie smelling bay rum with a vanilla twist…this may be your jam!

Coffee, then to church, then grocery shopping. Fairly typical Sunday!

Have a blessed one, all!

Shave #113 (917 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and YSL Rive Gauche to finish!

6:7 chance it could have been any other day than Monday today…but here we are. I mean the other 6 days out of the week it works 100% of the time right? 🤔

Great shave this morning, giving me ample time to wake up a bit more. It’s a chilly and overcast day outside, but I went with Rive Gauche anyway…cause…why not!

Shaping up to be a busy day already. Let’s get it done!

Happy Monday all!

Shave #113 (917 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and YSL Rive Gauche to finish!

6:7 chance it could have been any other day than Monday today…but here we are. I mean the other 6 days out of the week it works 100% of the time right? 🤔

Great shave this morning, giving me ample time to wake up a bit more. It’s a chilly and overcast day outside, but I went with Rive Gauche anyway…cause…why not!

Shaping up to be a busy day already. Let’s get it done!

Happy Monday all!
Make it a good Monday, with that shave , how could you not?

Back