The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

I thought maybe you really were from the future for a second there.

tumblr_plp2hx0CqO1qgggmxo1_540.gif
Remember, Sam’s Canadian.

Mar.23 Injector I2/Personna(11) ... Eagle G2 ................... Musgo Real, Lavender ......... Clubman milk

I am happy that I am using my injector today, as that stiff blade is much better suited to chopping down my just over 2 days grizzled scruff than a flexible DE blade is. I'm feeling much better than yesterday but I could feel the uncomfortableness when contorting my face during the passes.

In the end, I am clean shaven once more and that's what counts.

Mar.24 Injector I2/Personna(12) ... Eagle G2 ................... Musgo Real, Lavender ......... Clubman milk

Today is much better than yesterday with regards to my recovery from extraction of a wisdom tooth. I can now fully open my mouth without discomfort but moving my jaw side to side still has tightness on the side where the tooth came out. Had some oatmeal this morning, cooked down so that I could swallow it without chewing and will probably give mashed potatoes, rice, or pasta a shot later on. Rama noodles don't count as pasta as I just swallowed then down straighaway without chewing.

Laundry is all done and a just-before-2pm shave went off without a hitch.

Mar.25 Injector I2/Personna(13) ... Omega boar, Sue ...... Musgo Real, Lavender ......... Clubman milk

My jaw is feeling MUCH better this morning and is almost back to normal in terms of mobility-without-discomfort. Woot! I even had two pieces of slightly toasted bread to test out my chewing capability and all went well. Things are looking up! Still, I don't plan on eating anything crunchy or hard for a few days more at the very least.

Today's shave was, as expected, ..... meh.... and as you know, that's a good thing!

Last edited:
Heads-up!

A friend of mine (who I shall not embarrass by naming) laid down a dare (triple-dog dare, actually!) for anyone to 3017 a PDP puck. Poor boy probably thinks that this would be torture for someone (I think he had me in mind). Little does he know that this is a "just another soap" to use.

In other words, when it comes to me 3017ing ANY soap ... meh 🤷‍♂️ ️ is how I would best describe the *ahem* challenge.

Mar.30 Injector I2/Personna(4) ..... Omega boar, Sue ...... Musgo Real, Lavender ......... Clubman milk

Yesterday was great time with family and I think my soon-to-be 18 year old nephew and I had our first adult conversation as he is now starting to mentally prepare to leave home in August to attend flight school for the next 3 years. Dinner was great as well and we all seem to have enjoyed our afternoon and evening together.

Today's shave was nice and simple as we now start our prep for next weekend's beginning of two weeks in Portugal.

Public college (Fanshawe) which deals with the theory and is partnered with a private pilot school for the flight hours.

At 18 (in the summer), I'm just super happy that he has already figured out what he wants to do.

Back