The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Upcoming releases -with coupon codes

CBLSoap.com

a.k.a. CBLindsay
Artisan Retailer
Legacy
Concierge
CBL Soap has some new releases coming up and they will include some special deals for those purchasing more than one item. I HOPE I have made the coupons so they will work as planned. You should be able to stack them for most benefit, if you have any problems please let me know. All listed coupons will expire at the end of May, If you have asked me to set aside any product you will also be able to get the coupon discounts even if you don't complete your transaction before May 31.

New soap:
Iron Throne - a Game of Thrones inspired scent made with Juniper Berry, Bay Leaf (bay rum), Cedar, Rum Soaked Wood, Sandalwood and black oud. Comes in new Winter base, made with real and synthetic menthol. IF you want it without menthol speak up now, I will be making some for @NurseDave without and can make some for you too BUT I won't be making any after I make some for Dave.

SIR Fougere - A Sir Irisch Moos inspired scent. Whether the scent matches perfectly or not it is a great fougere scent.

Morning Blend -A black coffee scent made with real fresh roasted coffee beans. Smells like black coffee ...but not the stale stewed down stuff in the break room.

Blueberry Muffin - You asked for it! Rather than ruin a good coffee scent with blueberry muffin or a good blueberry muffin with a great coffee scent I will sell them separately. This one will be in the smaller tub. It will list with a price of $9.25 but when you order it AND the Morning Blend use coupon code "coffeeandamuffin" (as in coffee and a muffin) you will get a $7.75 discount making the muffin only $1.50 more.

Chocolate Chip Cookie - this will be a little bit later but I will do a similar discount for those looking to get it.

PRE-SHAVE OIL:
CBL Pre-Shave oil is a new product being added to the line-up. Depending on ultimate demand this may only be available for a short amount of time. I developed this mostly as a proof of concept to show how certain oils can improve the shave experience. I won't belabor the topic here but I will say, if you are using a quality artisan soap made with these or similar oils added as a super fat, you don't NEED this pre-shave oil. If you are using a standard tier 2 soap adding this pre-shave oil to your routine will make a noticeable difference.
What you get is a little more than 10ml of pre-shave oil in a glass bottle with rollerball dispenser. The roller ball allows you to apply just a thin layer and avoid using too much oil. Use it as a post shave oil for an added treat. It is scented only with Linalool so it should pair well with every soap or frag you use.

The Pre-shave oil is listed at $9 on sale for $6.50. When you buy the pre-shave oil and use coupon code "preshavefreeship" you will get free shipping on your order. This means you are getting it for $2.

Coupon Codes:
preshavefreeship - buy the pre-shave oil and get free shipping on your order
coffeeandamuffin -but morning blend and get a small tub of blueberry muffin for $1.50.

Oh yeah, the labels on the larger tubs will be waterproof v

These all sound great!

Can the coupon codes be combined on one order?
If i've done everything correctly YES, combine away. If they don't work let me know and I'll fix it, I can always provide refunds for those who power through without getting the discounts.

Feel free to share the coupon codes by sharing a link to the thread here on the forum or telling people to check out the artisan threads here for discounts, no reason we can't pimp out artisan discount codes to grow the cadre ...remember, @Cvargo shaves his legs when we get to 200

By my calculations and the double coupon I got from the Sunday paper, you're going to pay me $8.25 after my purchase. Looking forward to the release!

I'm keen on Morning Blend. Might have to pick that up. Iron Throne might be my traditional bay rum replacement. And I love a good fougere. Color me stoked, @CBLindsay.

Just curious Chris, I really enjoy your 'Alpine' and 'Watson' scents. Is any chance you will be making them again? If you do, or if you still have any in stock I will happily purchase them along with some of the new releases. Thanks for the great soaps you are making.

Chris,

I have never smelled Irisch Moos or any Fougeres. How do you describe the scent?
Technically fougere can run a pretty wide range so the label “fougere” all by itself might leave you guessing at what you’re going to get. The Sir Fougere is easiest to describe as having “green” like Irish spring soap top notes and complementary bright notes from citrus and floral Chypre accords. Chypre is another broad description, it can be floral, woody or??? Technically Stetson is a chypre scent. In the case of Sir fougere I added a woody and floral chypre accord and some oakmoss absolute.
I did a lot of mixing and tweaking so it’s not like any single scent or product, it’s more like a cross between Irish spring, Stetson, Watson and oakmoss.

Just curious Chris, I really enjoy your 'Alpine' and 'Watson' scents. Is any chance you will be making them again? If you do, or if you still have any in stock I will happily purchase them along with some of the new releases. Thanks for the great soaps you are making.
I happen to have some alpine left, if you don’t mind a cheesy label i’ll Get you some. I really like alpine myself, it’s definitely a top 10 scent for me. Watson can be done again, I’m not sure I have any scent oil left but i’ll Add some to future orders.

excellent, thanks Chris. When I order your new soaps please include an Alpine with the order. Just let me know how much more it will cost.
I happen to have some alpine left, if you don’t mind a cheesy label i’ll Get you some. I really like alpine myself, it’s definitely a top 10 scent for me. Watson can be done again, I’m not sure I have any scent oil left but i’ll Add some to future orders.

Back