The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

CBL Premium Shave Soap - Anouncments

Don and I told you it was that good!

Damn Tootin!

I’ve got a few ideas of what to do and have ordered a few different oils to experiment with. I will admit I’ve never watch a minute of GOT so I don’t have any context other than the posters and commercials.

Regular menthol blended with WS12 is actually pretty awesome, I almost made the ghost banana that way but I didn’t want to risk changing the banana scent.

All you need to know is that this season there is a Zombie Ice Dragon!

Same boat. I tried to watch it and just fast forwarded over the nudity. Well the show only lasted 10 minutes and didnt make much sense.
All you need to know is that this season there is a Zombie Ice Dragon!
...and apparently more than enough nudity to keep me entertained. The nudity is a bit disconcerting because I was under the impression the story was about a bunch viking type guys wearing animal skins.

There is not that much, you can go an entire episode and not see any........ Well not much

I thought I wouldn't watch it ever either, until I saw the first episode.....
There are some eps with more nudity, but it's way overblown in the media.

Closest I've come to watching it is watching strongman competitions and seeing Hafthor (the mountain) compete. He finally beat out Brian Shaw and got the WSM title last year.

Closest I've come to watching it is watching strongman competitions and seeing Hafthor (the mountain) compete. He finally beat out Brian Shaw and got the WSM title last year.
There's some pretty fun YouTube videos of him training with Jujimufu if that's up your alley.

I’m not sure about when a grape soda scent might show up but I’m pretty sure some out of stock scowill be returning soon. There are 2new scents coming very soon as well as a few short run special requests. Oh and I think coffee is not far off (with or without muffin)

New labels are also on the near horizon.

NEW scents are coming soon. ...AND they will all be released with a NEW waterproof label!

Before I get into the new scents I wanted to let yo know that i will be returning to the "firm" base. The softer soap has been a great success but I prefer a firmer soap and it seems the broader community does too. The formula is very much the same, only the process (how) has changed. I will also be focusing more on the hemp formula, making non-hemp a minority or special request product. There has been much discussion on the topic and performance wins the day, the addition of a small amount of hemp oil results in a better face feel so it stays.

The new scents

I have been working on a particular "fougere" scent for 6-7 months now and have finally come up with a finished product that I am happy with. I was shooting for a duplicate of the famed and unobtainable Sir Irisch Moos (the stick not the cream). What I have come up with is a very close approximation of what the stick and cream combined smell like. It will be released as "SIR FOUGERE" and packaged in 4oz portions I'm pretty excited about this one.

At the request...urging...insistence of @HandleBarberDave and a few die hard fans, I have developed a Game of Thrones inspire scent. This one is made using a "winter" base that includes the synthetic cooling agents found in my ghost line as well as a healthy dose of real menthol. The menthol scent blends with Juniper Berry essential oil, Pimenta Racemosa (bay leaf/bay rum)essential oil, Moss, sandalwood, oud and a few more "dark" notes. The result is a scent that is both bright and warm with a definite feeling that "winter is coming". This one will be released as "IRON THRONE" and packaged in 4oz portions.

I have had several special requests that are also being made. Most of the special orders will be made in small volume reserved for the person(s) requesting them but I will have the ability to make more for those who are interested. One that is being made in larger volume is a true black coffee scent made with REAL fresh roasted coffee beans (you might even find a bean or two in your tub). This one will be released as "MORNING BLEND" and it will be packaged a little differently ...more on that later.

Some "special request" or made to order options will include:
Lemon
Aqua Di Parma *inspired*
...and a few "ladies" fragrances

Also on the horizon is a Pre/Post shave oil. more on this in a little bit.

I am shooting for a release date in the next 7 days but this may get pushed out if "life" happens. I will be providing TSC members special discounts or add-ons so keep an eye out for those.

Lastly, I want to thank all of you for your support. I appreciate all the comments, posts and reviews here on the TSC and across the web, you have helped more than you might know. CBL Premium Shave Soap is growing in popularity and is now in the hands of 100-150 shavers across the world (I have had many international orders). Going forward I will be releasing fewer new scents but will continue to do special requests and limit edition small batches. Recent events have divided my time, energy and focus even more, so there might also be short periods of time the shop is closed (the gone fishing sign will be posted) or shipping is delayed. When this is the case I will do my best to provide advance notice and will always strive to provide the personalized level of service TSC members deserve.

Shave on

Image result for pick up chin gif

Back