The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

CBL Premium Shave Soap - Anouncments

Probably because of the Russian Tea
1f609.png

Congratulations Chris, now you are officially a Fat Schlepper. It is really very hard for me to believe that you actually took it to this level. This is something that I have had in the back of my mind perhaps when in a retirement mode, but I just don't think it is something that I would want to try to do while still working and everything else life has going on.

I'll email you sometime to try and find a time to talk on the phone. I am curious as to how you are going about your scale up, etc. Two lb. lots is all that I have done up until now. I can likely double this easily enough, but after this I will have to get bigger molds, etc.

Chris Lindsay, Artisan Soap Maker par excellence.

I think I saw that in the inventor's lab in Edward Scissorhands!

i was looking at one of those two days ago. Decided an 11 quart cooler/warmer would be easier to hide from my wife.
You don't need to hide anything any more. It's all investment!

What da feng is that? Looks like something out of HG Wells!

I don't know exactly as I've not seen one personally, but from working on other industrial equipment I'm going to guess for you and see if I'm right haha. I'm thinking a mixer that can heat and/or cool the contents.

The basin and motor on top leads me to believe mixer. The hand crank on the right side would be to dump/upright the tub. Then it looks like it has a secondary bottom. A space for hot/cold (water maybe?) to be cycled around the contents without getting into the mix. Looks like a drain on the bottom and also a fill with probably cold water on the left due to being a normal ball valve and hot on the right as it looks like a check valve. Then there is a thermo-couple and pressure relief valve on the right side.
And I would assume it is a mixer that can be used for making soap since, well, ya know. I may be off a little on details, but that's my thought.

It looks like my back ordered fragrances will arrive tonight. I should have the new TSC scent ready to go by (or before) Friday. I will also have a smaller amount of Cigar shop cowboy and cigar shop Indian.

When end I make the TSC live I will announce any additional scents that will be available soon so you can plan accordingly.

Regarding the Ghost line... The lime will be available again fairly soon but I may put a new scent out first. After some consultation with KJ I have new ideas to explore before I release the next batch.

As always, if you have ideas or requests let me know. I don’t want to get going in too many directions but I do want to take cues from the TSC community where possible.

I can't believe that the fabric softener wasn't dropped in a full release. Shame really!

I sadly may miss the release of the TSC soap as this storm is gonna be a bugger.

If need be I am sure one of us will gladly add one to our order and make sure it is sent when the storm settles and clears!

Chris, not that I'm not anxious to order ASAP, but I thought one of your keys was aging the soaps before release?

I can't believe that the fabric softener wasn't dropped in a full release. Shame really!

Says Mr. Tumbleweed...

At least he's clean shaven now. LOL ..............................

Wait..

I figured it out.

THAT's WHAT WAS ON CHAD's FACE!!!! No WONDER stuff smelled like tumbleweeds!!!!

Back